Clean Harbors is North America’s leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services serving over 50,000 customers, including a majority Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies.
Headquartered in Norwell, Massachusetts, Clean Harbors has more than 175 locations, including over 50 waste management facilities, throughout North America in 37 U.S. states, seven Canadian provinces, Mexico and Puerto Rico. The Company also operates international locations in Bulgaria, China, Sweden, Singapore, Thailand and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.cleanharbors.com .
We offer competitive salaries and progressive benefits including health, dental, life insurance, 401K, Employee Stock Program, generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement and more. We offer a drug free work environment and require a pre-employment drug screen. All Applicants are subject to pre-employment security background checks, and some positions may require pre-employment physical fitness for duty tests
SUMMARY PARAGRAPH OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The Apollo Program Manager is responsible to oversee all Clean Harbor activities and manage the Apollo staff on the customer site.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Responsible for all Clean Harbors' activities and programs on customer’s site.
- Manage and coordinate the efforts of the all Clean Harbors onsite employees.
- Enlist Clean Harbors' corporate resources as needed to ensure 100% customer satisfaction.
- Assist with managing customer’s air, water and hazardous waste programs.
- Manage and track facility wide “cradle to grave” waste generation, storage, and disposal.
- Responsible for proper packaging of waste to maximize efficiency and maintain compliance.
- Schedule transportation and disposal for outgoing wastes as needed.
- Provide waste tracking reports as needed.
- Maintain adequate levels of equipment for emergency responses and ongoing projects.
- Scope special projects and provide estimates.
- Assist customers with compiling data necessary for completing the Generator's Annual Report and other required reporting functions.
- Conduct facility wide compliance audits to include inspections of staging, accumulating and storage areas to ensure proper housekeeping procedures and compliance.
- Provide weekly status reports to facility management.
- Utilize CHOICE waste management software to efficiently and accurately manage waste program.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and complexity of the work being performed by personnel assigned to this classification, and do not represent an exhaustive list of all tasks, duties, and responsibilities required of personnel assigned to this position. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent.
B.S. in Chemistry, Biology, or Environmental Science (preferred).
Masters Degree in Environmental Engineering (strongly preferred).
o Valid drivers license with clean driving record (*see definition below)
- CHMM certification (preferred).
- Wastewater treatment operators certification (preferred).
- 40 Hr OSHA training.
- DOT Training.
o Commercial drivers license-Class “B/C” with hazardous materials(preferred).
o Clean Driving record, for the purposes of CHESI, includes:
o No more than 2 moving violations in the past 3 years.
o No DUI/DWI in past 3 years.
o No preventable accidents in the past year.
o No more than 2 preventable accidents in the last 3 years.
o No serious moving violations in past 3 years, i.e., Reckless driving, Driving to endanger, Open alcohol containers, etc.
- Familiarity with EPA, DOT, NRC, and applicable state and local regulations.
- Working knowledge of Profit and Loss management.
- Working knowledge of Safety.
- Leadership and management skills.
- Proficient in Windows based applications.
- Must be a team player.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Good organizational skills, decisiveness and initiative.
- Computer skills.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Clean Harbors is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Requires lifting, carrying, grasping, speaking and listening.
- Requires sitting, standing, walking, puling and/or pushing, stooping and crouching.
- Requires climbing, determining color, tasting and smelling.
Clean Harbors - 9 months ago
Hazardous-waste management company Clean Harbors does more than its name suggests. Its major business lines are its technical services...