Customer Service and Sales Representative
Sales & Service Rep
Earn $10.00 per hour PLUS incentives based on your performance!!!
DIMENSION & SCOPE:
Interface with customers via inbound or outbound calls or the Internet for the purpose of selling products and services. Responsibilities include:
- Processing customer orders and sales;
- Providing and receiving various information;
- Selling client products plus handling miscellaneous customer service and general information calls via the phone or Internet.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct needs-based selling by using non-scripted probing techniques to determine customer needs and to offer the most appropriate product or service to address their needs.
- Maintain broad knowledge of products, pricing, promotions, procedures, and other important issues through management communications, meetings, client focus groups, and formal training.
- Responsible for achieving specific sales business targets and maximizing sales opportunities on each and every call.
- Place and/or receive customer inquiries that may require deviation from a script or sales flow process.
- Greet customers in a courteous, friendly, and professional manner using agreed upon procedures.
- Listen attentively to customer needs and concerns; demonstrate empathy while maximizing opportunity to build rapport with the customer.
- Clarify customer requirements; probe for and confirm understanding of requirements or problem.
- Meet customer requirements through first contact resolution.
- Confirm customer understanding of the solution and provide additional customer education as needed.
- Prepare complete and accurate work and update customer file.
- Communicate effectively with individuals/teams in the program to ensure high quality and timely expedition of customer requests.
- Effectively transfer misdirected customer requests to an appropriate party.
- Contribute ideas on ways to resolve problems to better serve the customer and/or improve productivity.
- Participate in activities designed to improve customer satisfaction and business performance.
- Provide answers and/or advice to customers based on their particular requirements and customer profile.
- Update customer records.
- Troubleshoot research and analyze customer problems with installation, billing, service upgrades/downgrades and disconnects.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or equivalent experience. One year of customer service sales experience preferred but not required.
- Strong sales closure techniques, confidence in products and advocate skills.
- Courteous with strong customer service orientation.
- Strong communication, multi-tasking, negotiation skills required.
- Strong computer navigation skills and PC Knowledge Ability to remain calm under pressure and work in a concise, clear and focused manner
- Must be flexible with the ability to adapt to changes and think conceptually.
- Ability to learn.
- Tolerance for repetitive work in a fast paced environment Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently
- Dependable with proficient attention to detail.
- Willingness to rotate shifts, as needed.
ENVIRONMENT, PHYSICAL & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Ability to perform light hand activity work at a computer/telephone station in an office environment. Position is primarily sedentary. May stretch or stand at workstation for short periods at employee's option, as long as such activity does not detract from the employee's work, or interfere with other employees.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Convergys - 2 years ago
Convergys is a global leader in customer management. As of March 3rd, 2014 Convergys completed the acquisition of Stream. Together...