Under supervision of the Dean of the College of Agriculture, Food Science, and Sustainable Systems (CAFSSS); works directly with the Associate Dean, Associate Research Director, and Associate Extension Administration to present the goals, objectives, programs, and accomplishments of the College and the Land Grant Program (LGP).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary duties consist of, but are not limited to,
1. Serve as the manager/supervisor and producer for all CAFSSS television and broadcasting programs.
2. Develop and/or participate in the conceptual development, writing, layout, and design of annual reports, brochures, flyers, websites, feature writing, and video productions and scripts, and other materials.
3. Edit scientific proceedings, newsletters, news releases, scientific posters, and educational materials for CAFSSS.
4. Proofread proposal manuscripts, prepare, and assist with the preparation and composition of CAFSSS grant proposals.
5. Develop, write, and work with graphic artist to layout designs for various presentation format.
6. Set annual communication targets and contribute to and monitor their implementation.
7. Coordinate media relations with University public relations office and develop local, state, and national media contacts related to College divisions.
8. Develop, market, and manage social media.
9. Photograph special events relating to the CAFSSS programs and activities.
10. Develop and maintain CAFSSS photo library for use across a range of communications and forms.
11. Conduct research and secure extramural funds.
12. Work with University recruitment staff to coordinate assigned activities with those of other programs, departments, and schools in recruitment of students for undergraduate and graduate programs.
13. Prepare reports as required.
14. Performing other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Master's degree in Agricultural Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or Marketing.
- A minimum of five years of experience in developing publications, writing scripts, and layout/design for newsletters, news releases, and websites.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in the university setting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (must submit 3 writing samples with application).
- Ability to work in a team setting and work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to work under deadline.
- Proficiency in computer software for desktop publishing (Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe In-Design) as well as MS Office Suite.
- Technical knowledge to use digital photography equipment.
- Current Kentucky driver's license.
NOTE: Please fill out the application located in the employment section on www.kysu.edu and submit a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: email@example.com .
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends and to do some travel.
- Frequently required to stand and walk in outdoor environments and inclement weather.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- May occasionally need to lift and/or move equipment up to 50 pounds.