Amazon Fashion is seeking creative, goal-oriented and highly entrepreneurial people to join our exciting and fast-paced team. We are focused on growing and developing a smart assortment of brands and providing easy access to fashion, within the best possible shopping experience for our fashion customers. Our team is growing and if you are equally passionate about fashion, e-commerce and career growth, an opportunity with Amazon Fashion may be a great match!
The Jewelry team at Amazon.com is looking for a driven, entrepreneurial, enthusiastic Senior Buyer/Sr. Vendor Manager with 5+ year of buying/planning experience to join our team. This role will be responsible for driving the top and bottom line of the P&L with vendor relationship responsibility, deal negotiations, and merchandising within his or her categories. The Senior Buyer /Sr. Vendor Manager in Jewelry would be expected to both understand and manage the product line so the best customer experience is delivered on site.
This ideal candidate should have experience in forging and building vendor relationships, planning product cycles, and selling online is preferred. The right candidate will be flexible, action and results oriented, self-starting, have strong analytical skills, and be comfortable with computer databases and tools. He or she must have a proven track record in taking ownership, driving results and moving with speed to implement ideas in a fast-paced environment. The Candidate must demonstrate the ability to succeed at: managing and driving a full P&L, team-building and management, planning and forecasting, and driving an online business. He or she must be able to develop clear thinking and business rationale for new features & services and interact with technology development teams to bring customers ease-of-use and innovation. The candidate must be an effective communicator in working with some of Amazon.com's most important partners and vendors, as well as with internal colleagues and groups.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of buying and/or planning experience in retail
- Jewelry or apparel industry experience in buying, national sales, or product a plus
- Proven negotiating skills, influencing abilities or vendor management experience
- Demonstrated ability to think and act both strategically and tactically
- Organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines
- Proactive attitude, detail oriented, and a team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong numerical and analytical aptitude
- Proven experience leading cross-functional projects
Amazon’s mission is to be Earth’s most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy...