Headquartered in Philadelphia, Radian connects lenders, homebuyers, investors and loan servicers using a suite of private mortgage insurance and related risk management products and services. We help promote and preserve the tradition of homeownership while protecting lenders from default-related losses on residential first mortgages. We also facilitate the sale of low-down payment mortgages in the secondary market.
Our commitment to homeownership is built on a foundation of evaluating credit risk; we help clients and investors expertly and prudently manage risk in any market condition.
Attention experienced Loan Processors and Underwriters:
The Document Management Team (DMT) Underwriter is principally responsible for the ordering and analysis of all Origination documents required to “Perfect” a submitted Claim for Mortgage Insurance and certify the file for processing. The individual will provide expertise in analyzing the loan approval documents to determine Program-specific, Underwriting and Document requirements in order to facilitate a comprehensive origination file request. Upon determining the document requirements for a particular loan, the Underwriter will validate that all documents provided satisfy this comprehensive request. The Underwriter will track orders for follow-up and initiate denial requests as needed. The Underwriter will also interact with Servicers to clearly and concisely identify information required to Perfect Claim.
1. Identify required Documents/Information for Perfection/Processing:
a. Analyze Loan Approvals, Lender and/or GSE Guidelines and Radian Policies to determine program and product specific document requirements
b. Determine if all documents have been received
c. Validiate received documents and information for accuracy and completeness
d. Order and track missing documents
2. V alidate Coverage:
a. Review claim filing timelines against applicable policies to determine if a valid claim has been received
b. Determine if an unauthorized shortsale/DIL has been received
3. Initiate and process Claim denials when appropriate
4. Process, track, analyze and respond to Claim and/or Default-related inquiries (such as Master Policy explanations, bidding instructions, Claim filing questions, required document questions, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Education: Bachelor's degree preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of Mortgage Underwriting or strong Mortgage Processing background
- Vast knowledge of all mortgage documents, standard industry lending guidelines and transaction types
- Working knowledge of Mortgage Insurance Claims process
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines as needed in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Strong detail orientation
- Ability to analyze and react to different scenarios
Experience: 3-5 years