Software Applications Engineer
Job Description: Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products. May work directly with companies that develop applications software, focuses on enabling and optimization of 3rd-party software applications. Code may be used in a wide variety of commercial or end-user applications. Using current programming language and technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications. Usually holds an academic degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Computational Science.
In this position, you will be part of the Consumer Platform Enabling team in Software Solutions Group (SSG) enabling the software industry for the next generation performance features in Intel Core and Graphics products. Intern would be responsible for:
* Working under the direction of senior Application Engineers, profile the performance and power of applications
* With the guidance of senior Application Engineers, identify performance and power issues
* Working with direction from senior Application Engineers, prototype changes to the application code and profile the improvement relative to the baseline.
* Assessing Microsoft Windows 8 operating system and development tools as well as developing proof of concept applications for the Metro UI and Legacy UI
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to adapt to changing requirements and new technology
This req is being opened to convert current/prior interns
Candidates should have a Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering. Relevant coursework should include classes in software engineering, computer graphics, computer architecture etc. Additional qualifications include:
* 2 years of coursework/experience with C and/or C++
* Familiarity with Intel CPU architecture & experience with software performance optimization would be an added advantage
* Familiarity with Intel Graphics architecture & experience with software performance optimization would be an added advantage
* Knowledge of Intel tools and performance libraries would be an added advantage
USA-California, Santa Clara
Intel Contract Employee
Mar 6, 2013
Mar 8, 2013
The Intel Software and Services Group (SSG) connects Intel to the worldwide software community. SSG strives to bring competitive advantage to Intel platforms by helping independent software vendors, operating system developers, OEMs, channel members and systems integrators deliver exceptional customer value and achieve differentiation on Intel® processor technologies. SSG provides global leadership to the software community through its technical expertise, industry enabling activities, and developer products and programs.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel’s discretion. Intel invites people of all ages currently enrolled in an academic institution (or graduated within the last 18 months) to apply.