At Altera, we take pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our company is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why Altera is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.
Altera Corporation is the pioneer of programmable logic solutions, enabling system and semiconductor companies to rapidly and cost effectively innovate, differentiate and win in their markets. Altera combines the programmable logic technology originally invented in 1983 with software tools, intellectual property, and customer support to provide high-value programmable solutions to over 13,000 customers worldwide. Altera is headquartered in San Jose, California, and employs approximately 3,000 people in 19 countries.
We are looking for an UNIX/Linux expert with extensive experience working in a complex computing environment. In this role, you will be seen as a senior technical member of the team and provide technical oversight, mentorship and guidance to our global team of UNIX administrators. We also would like you to drive operational efficiency and excellence in managing the engineering infrastructure. This key role will help to drive strategy and architectural decisions in the Altera engineering environment.
The successful candidate's minimum qualifications will include the following:
- BS Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent, with minimum of 8 years IT Experience supporting infrastructure
- Solid, thorough understanding and experience with Redhat and Ubuntu operating systems
- Linux desktop environments (Gnome, KDE, VNC, NX, Nagios, Puppet, Ganglia, Cobbler, etc.)
- Strong programming skills (PERL, Python and Django) and a desire to automate repetitive tasks will be essential
- Experience with EMC Isilon and NetApp appliances
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Ability to generate solutions and define problems by analyzing technical issues
- Demonstrate forward looking and innovative thinking
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Be able to work in a customer focused environment