Who are we?
Live Nation Entertainment (NYSE-LYV) was formed by the
merger of Live Nation and Ticketmaster Entertainment. We
are the largest live entertainment company in the world,
consisting of five businesses: concert promotion and
venue operations, sponsorship, ticketing solutions,
e-commerce and artist management. We seek to innovate
and enhance the live entertainment experience for
artists and fans: before, during and after the show. In
2009, Live Nation sold 140 million tickets, promoted
21,000 concerts, partnered with 850 sponsors and
averaged 25 million unique monthly users of its
Who are you?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an
entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward
thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment,
our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds
like you then please read on!
We are currently looking for a Sr. Systems Administrator
to join Ticketmaster's systems engineering team which is
responsible for the administration of global,
and project deadlines are met.
- Utilize basic project management skills so that tasks
configuration management system (Spine).
- Leverage and build upon Ticketmaster's open-source
- Maintain server and network security.
- Manage issues dispatched by systems support analysts
- Prioritize, coordinate and deliver special technology
- Evaluate and present new technologies to leadership
- 24/7 on-call duties at approximately once every 6
- Travel to hosting sites if needed in emergencies.
- 5+ years of Linux/UNIX server administration
including kernel subsystems (scheduler, VM, etc), system
- In-depth understanding of Linux/UNIX fundamentals
calls, inter-process communication, process/resource
management and file systems.
tuning for high-volume web traffic. Mod_perl and/or
- Demonstrated problem analysis and resolution skills.
- Administration in an environment with 100+ systems.
- Extensive knowledge of Apache, including performance
JBOSS experience is a plus.
or Ruby and the ability to read and understand code
- Automation experience, preferably using Perl, Python
written in C.
services such as DNS, SMTP, SSH, HTTPD and DHCP.
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of
firewalls, load balancers and switches.
- Comprehensive knowledge of TCP/IP, the OSI Model,
- Experience with network attached storage devices and
Kickstart, the use of package management tools
- Working knowledge of Redhat/CentOS, including
(APT/Yum), the ability to write spec files and build RPM
as VMWare or Xen.
- An understanding of virtualization technologies such
Ideal Personal Characteristics:
- Strong, creative problem solving and analytical in
- Results oriented aggressiveness in meeting
Req. Code : 997
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Entrepreneurial, driven by a new challenge.
- Strong communication skills.
- Self motivated, energetic and tenacious.
- Flexible and responsive to changing situations.
Division/Department : LNE Corporate
Skills : Information Technology - > Applications
Administrator - CM, MCSE, Networking
Live Nation Entertainment - 17 months ago