Processes and manages filing received daily and assists the Contract Administration/Volume department according to established procedures and policies. Maintains records by preserving, moving, organizing, re-labeling, retrieving, re-filing and storing. Responsible for other general administrative duties including receiving, stamping, and distributing departmental mail.
- Receives documents and places in files to ensure they are filed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Files, retrieves and re-files documents requested by department.
- Responsible for date stamping & delivery of daily mail throughout the office
- Answer routine reference inquiries and refer customers needing further assistance to manager.
- Responsible for the inventory and weekly supply order for kitchen and unpacks/stocks cabinets with deliveries.
- May prepare transmittal letters to return original documents to parties.
- Conduct reference searches, using printed materials and in-house and online databases.
- Repairs damaged documents, maps, files, etc. when appropriate.
- Delivers files and requested records to appropriate departments.
- Deliver and retrieve files throughout the department by hand, dolly or pushcart. Other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of records center principles, processes, concepts and terms.
- Excellent written and verbal English communications skills.
- Able to effectively manage time and prioritize projects in order to meet established deadlines.
- Ability to visually identify and navigate a color coded filing system.
- Demonstrate basic computer knowledge through effective use of a personal computer including Microsoft Office applications. Able to learn company specific applications.
- Able to work and communicate effectively with all levels of co-workers, clients, and other external contacts.
- Requires the ability to work overtime when needed.
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree
- High school diploma or GED
- At least one year of clerical, administrative or records management experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Chesapeake Energy - 18 months ago
Chesapeake Energy Corporation is the second-largest producer of natural gas, the 11th largest producer of oil and natural gas liquids and...