**This is a CONTRACTUAL position**
The School of Medicine, Department of Orthopaedics is currently seeking a Health Educator . The selected candidate will manage, coordinate and implement education programs in a community setting while providing leadership and coordination to the Trauma Survivors Network (TSN) program.
• Plans program content: develops goals, targets groups, identifies desired outcomes and chooses teaching or intervention methods. Provides educational and coaching activities within the program for staff, families, healthcare providers, etc.
• Conducts education for the orthopaedic trauma community concerning and promoting the TSN program via various avenues and methods.
• Oversees data collection and management. Evaluates program results and adjusts methods accordingly to meet best standards within the TSN program.
• Manages TSN program in its entirety, including staff, resources, data collection and reporting and other areas as needed.
• Acts as a liaison with the UMBSOM, Orthopaedic department and divisions, community and governmental health agencies. Acts as a technical resource and identifies opportunities to combine or enhance existing programs to include efficient flow and process.
• Supports program viability by assisting with data analysis, presentations and grant writing. Provides statistical analysis and engages in strategic planning.
• Master’s degree in a related field.
• 1 year of experience. Experience facilitating and organizing groups is preferred. Counseling and coaching experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Thorough knowledge of education and outreach methods.
• Ability to use culturally and developmentally appropriate tools and programs.
• Ability to plan and creatively and strategically allocate resources.
• Skill in relating to and supervising volunteers and colleagues.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Ability to manage record keeping, oversee processes and ensure policies, procedures and regulations are in place and adhered to.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with education and experience
Filing Deadline: 2/28/2013
Posting Date: 2/15/2013
If accommodations are needed, contact Staffing & Career Services at 410-706-7171, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm EST. Maryland Relay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.
University of Maryland, Baltimore - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -