Overview of Position:
The IT Internet Security Administrator aka Regional Security Officer (RSO) is responsible for; ensuring that Fugro Operational Companies (OPCOs) maintain ICT security levels at or above FUGRO NV approved standard. The (RSO) is the liaison with OPCO Management and ICT personnel to ensure central ICT systems are appropriate to facilitate the OPCO business strategy. This is both a critical and rewarding role offering the opportunity to work within a global team structure with enterprise solutions. The role may require working from and with other offices across the globe.
Functions and Responsibilities
· Assist the Chief Security Officer (CSO), and other RSOs, in the management and direction of the FGG’s and FUGRO Security policies.
· Responsible for the creation and maintenance of OPCO User accounts. Note: OPCO Management is responsible for authorizing staff access to the FUGRO security systems.
· Provide senior technical leadership to the OPCO in the Region.
· Contribute to the creation of the next generation services and approaches.
· Provide management reports in a timely manner.
· Serve as a source of technical documentation and standards to assist in the direction of activities of FUGRO as a whole.
Problems and Challenges
Core Data Centers (FGG), acting as managed gateways for FUGRO Internet presence, provides key facilities to the FUGRO OPCO, and Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity between OPCOs. The FGGs will be maintained to the highest reliability and performance possible. The RSO will proactively assist in the FGG development and maintenance to the benefit of the OPCO.
The RSO is required to work with the OPCO ICT staff in both the region and on occasion a global basis, understanding present and future requirements to facilitate the appropriate technology and systems (tools) either at the FGG or OPCO site. These tools will be installed and configured in a secure manner addressing the needs and security of every OPCO within the FUGRO WAN.
· The RSO ensures FUGRO Policy is being enforced at the local OPCO level. The RSO can perform an audit of the local OPCO at any time to ensure the security of FUGRO on both local and global basis is not compromised. The RSO will assist local ICT and OPCO Management to rectify any problem areas. In the event that any deliberate breach of policy is detected, the RSO will report to both CSO and COO for corrective action.
The RSO will be educated to degree level in a relevant subject area, or have a minimum of 7 years experience in a senior ICT support or ICT management role.
Key challenges (include but not limited to);
· Work with Opco IT management and security team members to promote automated monitoring and administration functionality
· Implement industry best practices improving network security optimization and performance tuning
· Support security solutions including but not limited to Firewall, Intrusion, Event Forwarding, Security Information and Event Management support and vulnerability testing
· Develop operational best practice documentation for operational staff
· Managing multiple deliveries in a high pressure environment.
Detailed knowledge of the following is essential:
· Qualified Firewall engineer - Juniper (ScreenOS / JunOS)
· Strong understanding of the following: SSL/VPN ; HTTPS; SFTP, Application Gateways; Stateful Packet Inspection
· Understanding of VMWare
· Routing technology – OSPF / BGP
· Email – Exchange 2003-2010 along with principle email relaying and services (POP, SMTP)
· Web Application Protection / Pen testing
· Linux, Networking, Oracle / SQL and a proven track record of maintaining ICT systems in a secure operating environment.
· Professional Security certifications such as JNCIA-JunOS, JNCIS-SEC, JNCIP-SEC, advantageous
· Passionate interest in IT security and possess initiative to keep up with current IT trends
· Enjoys working in a challenging environment.
· A team player and able to work independently with minimum supervision
· Good communications skills are essential with the ability to interface with FUGRO personnel at all levels.
The RSO will undertake continuous professional development to ensure that they are technically aware of potential Security risks to FUGRO. This will include maintaining their ability to specify, install, administer and debug any systems that are the responsibility of the FUGRO Regional Security department.
what we offer
Fugro offers a dynamic, team-based working environment in an exciting and developing market. We offer candidates the opportunity for long-term growth by allowing for the development of skills within a variety of geo-scientific fields and progressive career opportunities. Compensation will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and includes a full benefits package. EOE.
If you are up to the challenge please apply by submitting a CV and covering letter to: Shauna Evans, Human Resource, Fugro Inc, 6100 Hillcroft, Houston, TX 77081, or email SEvans@fugro.com. Closing date for applications is 31 December 2012.
If you are up to the challenge please apply by submitting a CV and covering letter to: Shauna Evans, Human Resource, Fugro Inc, 6100 Hillcroft, Houston, TX 77081, or email SEvans@fugro.com. Closing date for applications is 30 November 2012.
Fugro - 2 years ago