2Checkout is looking for two (2) Programmer Analyst IV. A key member of the Software Development Team responsible for leading development teams, and for producing and modifying computer applications for use by the business. Analyzes requirements, designs and develops computer applications in a form consistent with Agile processes.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Required Skills & Experience
- Directs the day-to-day activities of a development team.
- Designs and codes business logic, screen layouts, graphical user interfaces, printed forms, and interfaces with other systems.
- Analyzes code to find causes of errors and revises computer applications.
- Creates test transactions and runs tests to confirm applications meet specifications.
- Takes part in peer design and code reviews.
- Consults with stakeholders and users to gather information about application needs, objectives, functions, features, and input and output requirements.
- Consults with stakeholders and users to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet business needs.
- Analyzes, defines, and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs.
- Analyzes and estimates feasibility, costs, time, and compatibility with hardware and other applications.
- Develops and maintains plans outlining steps and time tables for developing applications.
- Researches and evaluates software and hardware to assist in programming or to use as application platforms and frameworks.
- Writes and maintains technical specifications.
- Writes and maintains documentation to describe application development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
- Writes documentation or reviews documentation written by others that describes installation and operating procedures.
- Trains end users or technical support staff to use applications.
- Monitors performance of applications after implementation.
- Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries from others regarding errors, problems, or questions about applications.
- Provides on-call support for end users of the system and responds to reports of system malfunctions.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Technology or equivalent field; or five years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least four years’ experience developing software in a Linux environment.
- At least one year’s experience leading development teams.
- Working knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), IT systems and processes, frameworks and methodologies.
- Experience with financial transaction processing and Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance.
- Experience developing and troubleshooting SQL, Stored Procedures and Triggers.
- Experience developing in an Agile environment.
- Experience developing software using Service Oriented Architecture.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
All interested candidates, please send your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Leadership – Lead development teams in accomplishing business goals through direction and personal example; Determine, document and enforce development processes and standards; Mentor other Developers.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism – Interacts with others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments; Maintains professional appearance of self and work area.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
Secure online purchasing through 2checkout.com is provided on this website for the convenience of our customers. Please note that when you...