The Collections Manager is responsible for implementing, managing and executing programs, policies and systems, which protect company assets. In addition, this position will be responsible hiring, training, developing and motivating a Loss Prevention team to ensure business opportunities are maximized.
- Manage the programs that directly support the Collections department in the reduction of shortage and protection of company assets.
- Manage and monitor case productivity and recoveries; conduct investigations when necessary.
- Obtain expert knowledge of customer database and GLS loan agreements.
- Perform as the department subject matter expert in exception reporting, and develop customized reporting based on trend analysis to identify theft, fraud or operational inefficiencies.
- Sponsor or consult on the development of company systems, policies and procedures to minimize the risk of loss and prevent or detect theft and fraud.
- Perform as a senior investigator for the company.
- Conduct audits; follow through on corrective action opportunities.
- Manage the Loss Prevention team by recruiting and selecting qualified Loss Prevention Representatives, establishing expectations, and evaluating performance.
- Train personnel to maximize the productivity of exception reporting and manage related policies; procedures and system development to further prevent or detect theft and fraud.
Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of leadership/supervisory position in Loss Prevention preferred.
- Experience with consumer lending/auto financing a plus.
- Well developed planning, time management, and organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks during constantly fluctuating volumes.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and negotiation skills.
- Ability to effectively plan and execute strategies.
- Proven ability to build partnerships and direct teams.
- Strong training, coaching, and motivational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid PC skills including knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Power point).
- Commitment to exemplifying the highest integrity and professional business standards.