At Pacific Dental Services ® . . . The quest for excellence inspires everything that defines us. We focus on everyone's distinctive talents and strengths. Our passion for the business and the future drives us to be the best.
Dental assistants perform a variety of patient care, office, and laboratory duties. Dental assistants prepare patients for oral examination and assist other dental professionals in providing treatment to the teeth, mouth, and gums. Dental assistants must work effectively with co-workers, customers, and others by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner; listening to and objectively considering ideas and suggestions from others; keeping commitments; keeping others informed of work progress, timetables and issues; addressing problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical business solutions, and addressing others by name, actions, words and deeds. Must support the policies and goals of PDS Ô , and thus participate in the growth and future of the company.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without accommodation. The requirements listed below are representative, but not all inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
1. Perform functions in accordance with the applicable state’s Dental Auxiliaries Table of Permitted Duties.
2. Actively participate in the Perfect Patient Experience Ô by striving to keep your patients focused on optimal treatment while attending to their individual concerns and promoting the good qualities of your doctor.
3. Maintain a clean, sterile, and cheerful environment where your patients feel comfortable; prepare patients for treatment, and assist the doctors - thereby enabling them to provide efficient, quality dental treatment.
4. Obtain dental history and/or records from patient (review patient health history and care slips). Ensure that the health history is updated for all returning patients.
5. Escort patients to/from the front desk and introduce them to the continuing care clerk.
6. Prepare tray setups for dental procedures and maintain adequate supply levels in each operatory, replenishing as needed.
7. Complete radiographs and intra-oral pictures of patients as appropriate.
8. Hand instruments and materials to dentists and keep patients' mouths dry and clear by using suction or other devices.
9. Sterilize and disinfect instruments and equipment.
10. Instruct patients on postoperative and general oral health care.
11. Record patient charting and all doctor notes in the digital patient chart as directed by the doctor. Ensure the doctor has reviewed treatment record, consents, and health history.
12. Prepare materials for making impressions and restorations.
13. Clean each operatory in accordance with the American Dental Association guidelines.
14. Maintain an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor in accordance with Company policy.
15. Maintain strict compliance with State, Federal, and other regulations, (e.g., OSHA, WC, Dental Board, HIPAA, ADA, DOL, HR policies and practices).
16. Other duties as assigned by management.
We offer a competitive compensation package which includes the following benefits:
We believe that joining the PDS team will provide the opportunity for you to maximize your individual and professional potential.
- Healthcare Benefits (Medical, Dental and Vision)
- 401K Savings Plan Company
- Paid Holidays Paid Personal/Vacation Time
- Training courses with CE units available
Apply at www.pacificdentalservices.com
REQUIRED: Equivalent to high school diploma or general education degree (GED), and specified training courses as mandated by state for certification, licensure, or registration.
DESIRABLE: Associate degree or one-year certificate from an accredited college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience .
CERTIFICATES/LICENSES/REGISTRATIONS: As mandated by
applicable state (e.g. coronal polish, radiograph exposure, ultrasonic
scaling for orthodontic procedures, pit and fissure sealant application, etc).
Since 1994, Pacific Dental Services® (PDS®) has provided business support services to supported dental practices – freeing up...