*We have openings for this position in our McLean, VA, Austin, TX, and Los Angeles, CA offices.
Tech Support Engineers are bright, energetic, self-described techies who provide IT support to internal Cvent end-users, as well as work on systems administration and infrastructure maintenance tasks for our cloud-based solutions. In this role you’ll have the opportunity to learn about and work with sophisticated platforms such as VoIP, Windows Active Directory, and enterprise SANs. This is your opportunity to work hands-on in a fast paced environment with modern systems. The position comes with opportunity for significant professional growth and career advancement within Cvent!
- Provide technical support on standard software applications, hardware and network issues
- Diagnose and resolve errors and problems in a timely manner
- Routine systems administration
- Author and maintain IS documentation
- Assist technology team with IS initiatives
- Bachelors degree required Desired majors include Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems, etc.
- Candidates must demonstrate a comfort level working with mainstream PC hardware and software
- Interest in, and a basic understanding of, common IS technologies -- such as networking, DNS, anti-virus, anti-spam, SMTP, asset management, telephony and VPNs
- Candidates with programming/scripting interest and experience are preferred
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, and outstanding oral and written communication skills
- This role is expected to work occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays on a rotational and on-call basis to support our 24x7 high availability systems and infrastructure
- Self-motivation and the ability to work under minimal supervision are a must
Cvent - 19 months ago