The Clinical Analyst works closely with leadership to ensure the effectiveness of project activities. Works with project management to ensure that the output of analysis activities feeds the design and configuration of the system, and that future state development is aligned with stated goals and objectives. Manages the day-to-day activities of clinical work groups. Works as a member of the team providing application support. Additionally understands and appreciates clinical information technology; its capabilities, limitations, and impact on clinical practice.
• Working with Business Analysts and Project Managers to translate client requirements into analytics requirements.
• Training Help Desk staff on clinical information monitoring and problem remediation flow.
• Participates in the clinical information system project with tasks to include project management assistance, system & process analysis, system testing, report writing (test reports) and user training.
• Works with end users to design & implement configuration changes to improve business workflow and/or work with vendors to deliver system changes.
• Has direct contact and interaction with customer/clients in analysis, development and testing of interfaces and understands the clinical processes in a hospital, long term care or other health care setting.
• Prepares documentation in support of project, testing, issue resolution and workflows.
• Has direct involvement in setting up and reviewing HL7 v2.x interfaces and HL7 v3/IHE profile messages in order to perform clinical analysis of data feeds
• Communicating with all levels of the organization, both written and verbally, in a clear and concise manner and delivering informative, well-organized project updates
• Communicating, prioritizing, tracking project task progress and resolving issues in a timely manner
• Working on multiple projects concurrently, monitoring the status of tasks and escalating issues when appropriate
• Participating in "go-live' deployment of integrated application systems and troubleshooting and optimizing any functional issues that may arise
• Providing post-implementation support for client hospitals, physician offices, labs etc...
• Proficiency in the use of clinical terminology such as LOINC, ICD9, SNOMED/CT, HCPCS, DRG, CPT
• Knowledgeable in SQL, and Database views.
• Associates Degree. 1-2 years analyzing clinical workflow and data in a clinical environment. Bachelor's Degree in an Information technology or HealthCare related field, preferred
• Ability to analyze platform capabilities
• Capable of interacting with multiple vendors and envisioning the "whole solution
• Strong technical, analytical, and administrative skills.
• 2-5 years analyzing clinical workflow and data in a healthcare environment
• Experience and knowledge of HL7 interfaces and IHE profile messages
Public Health Solutions - 15 months ago