Ensures the proper preparation and accountability of operating room logs for Trauma physician billing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities -
- Obtains a copy of current OR log on a daily basis for multiple facilities.
- Identifies and marks log /track sheets of hospital admittance, outpatient services, direct admits. Submits billing information, counts records to ensure reconciliation with the OR log, and coordinate with rauma patient billing.
- Answer phone calls and handle inquiries.
- Collects previous day’s patient charts, sorting in date and time order.
- Reconciles missing or suspended list with required lag time.
- Collects critical care charges of procedures, such as procedures performed in ICU/hospital and obtains/pulls charts, demographic, and insurance information.
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A High School diploma or GED.
- 1-2 years previous experience in a clinical office setting with knowledge of medical terminology and/or maintenance of medical records preferred.
Other i.e. knowledge and skills:
- Ability to perform multi-tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in interacting with internal and external clients.
- Strong computer skills in MS office and Windows applications.
- Must be detail-oriented, be able to work independently, and be able to follow through on problems.
- Familiarity with office related equipment and procedures with the ability to maintain organized work flow.
EmCare - 18 months ago
EmCare works well under pressure. The company is the largest provider of contracted emergency department staffing and management to more...