Skills: Master’s or Doctorate degree in Speech and Language Pathology. New Mexico Speech and Language Pathology License required. One to three years experience or Clinical Fellowship eligible.
Knowledge: Requires detailed knowledge of Speech and Language Pathology in terms of what and how work is to be done as well as why it is done, this level includes interpretation of data. This staff member must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span of patients served. The staff member must demonstrate an understanding of long term care rules and regulations.
Abilities: Mental Power: Ability to make decisions are varied but are usually confined to situations which are familiar. There are several defined alternative solutions available.
Mental Power: Ability to exercise choice in how work is accomplished with independence to operate within established policies, procedures and schedules.
Physical Power: Walks, sits, stands in place, arm/wrist/hand movement, lifts.
Primary Job Functions
- Evaluates, diagnoses, implements care plans and develops short and long term goals for patients with speech/language or dysphagia disorders.
- Continuously reassesses care plans and goals.
- Educates and instructs regarding home programs and preventive measures as appropriate to patient, family, and others.
- Prepares written documentation as required by the profession, regulatory agencies and the department in a timely manner.
- Address required elements of the Minumum Data Set to comply with the RUGS/PPS billing system.
- Communicates with patient, family, physician, MDS coordinator and other healthcare providers regarding patient care.
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Participates in required long term care planning meetings and updates plans of care.
- Participates in educational programs and inservices and other meetings as required.
- Participates on special project teams and other related duties as assigned and requested.
- Performs other functions as required.
We are new Mexico's only private, not-for-profit healthcare system. Presbyterian is owned by the communities it serves and reinvests in care...