Olympus America, Inc. with headquarters in Center Valley, PA is a precision technology leader, creating innovative opto-digital solutions in health care and life science products throughout North America. Olympus works collaboratively with its customers and its affiliates worldwide to leverage R&D investment in precision technology and manufacturing processes across diverse business lines. These include: gastrointestinal endoscopes, accessories, and minimally invasive surgical products; advanced clinical and research microscopes.
Southborough, MA - The Product Manager, LESS will manage the day-to-day activities to support a portfolio of products that support Laparo Endoscopic Single Site (LESS) procedures in General Surgery, Gynaecology and Urology to include the flexible Endoeye video laparascopes, curve laparscopic hand instruments and ports. EOE M/F/D/V
Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Monitor sales trends and update forecasts as necessary to meet demand.
- Monitor market trends including competition, procedural/market growth, reimbursement, and emerging technologies.
- Conduct product launch studies and clinical validation activities.
- Create marketing collateral and tools to support the selling process.
- Conduct field work with sales, sales management, and clinical team.
- Create and implement the tactics that support the marketing strategies to include pricing, positioning, programs, and promotions that are in line with the strategic business plan.
- Develop relationships with MD product champions and key opinion leaders who will influence broader market acceptance of General Surgery LESS procedures.
- Maintain expertise as the “product and clinical specialist” by attending procedures, courses, tradeshows, and staying abreast of industry changes and advancements.
- Create training presentations, tools, and conducting training for sales at training sessions, national sales meeting, tradeshows, accounts, etc.
- Assist with creation, execution, and support of Surgeon Education programs.
- Facilitate the design and implementation of clinical studies and white papers that supports the overall imaging initiatives.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
(ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED)
- A Bachelor's degree is required, a Master's degree is preferred.
- Experience in medical product management or medical sales is essential.
- A proven track record of launching products to market is desired.
- Must have a minimum of 3 or more years of experience in product management, sales, or project management.
- Must be able to project a professional image and strong leadership skills.
- Must demonstrate strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team is vital.
- Must be a self motivated and confidant with outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Must be results oriented with a track record of meeting established goals and expanding market share.
- The ability to strategically plan and tactically implement is necessary.
- Strong interfunctional management is vital.
- Must have the ability to lead project teams.
- Must be able to travel 30 – 40%, including international.
- The following physical demands are required:
- Lift/Cary 25 lbs
- Stand/Sit/Walk 8 hours a day
- Push/Pull 50+ lbs
Olympus - 2 years ago