Invest In Yourself!
Kool Smiles , General Dentistry for Kids and Parents, is a growing group practice dedicated to providing access to quality dentistry across the country. We provide comprehensive dental care and accept most insurance plans including Medicaid and State Children's Health Insurance plans (SCHIP). Currently we have offices and opportunities in AZ, AR, CT, DC, GA, IN, KY, LA, MA, MD, MS, NM, SC, TX, VA, and WA.
Kool Smiles opened in 2002 with the clear mission to provide urgently needed care for underserved kids living in our community. Over the past few years, we have continued our mission and are serving 75+ locations in 15 states. Many of our patients would not receive care without the efforts of Kool Smiles professionals. To continue this mission, we are looking for qualified, energetic dental assistants who share this vision and want to make a difference in the lives of their patients.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
The Dental Assistant provides support to the office and is responsible for assisting the professional dental staff with treatment.
o Prepare tray set-ups for dental procedures
- Deliver quality and compassionate care to every patient
- Guide parents and patients through Kool Smiles process before treatment
- Educate patients in oral hygiene instruction and provide postoperative instructions
- Prepare patient for examination and treatment
- Take x-rays and save to patient charts
- Responsible for the operational readiness of the hygiene bay and operatory rooms
o Mix amalgam, cement, pulp paste and prepare impression materials
o Sterilize and disinfect instruments and equipment
o Clean chairs and rooms
o Document patient information, treatment plans, and procedures in patient chart
- Assist professional dental staff with treatment:
o Assist with suctioning, holding retractors and suture cutting during surgical procedures
o Pour, trim and polish impression casts
o Fabricate custom impression trays
The ideal candidate will have the following characteristics:
We prefer candidates with the following experience:
- Must love working with children
- Compassion and high level of service for our patients, parents and staff
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Professional manner and appearance at all times
Certification: MD X-ray certification , certified dental assistant credentials may be required for specific positions
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a dental assistant
- Experience with children's dentistry
- Computer Skills – Microsoft Office (we utilize electronic dental records and digital x-rays)
All candidates must submit a resume in order to be considered.
Kool Smiles - 3 years ago
copy to clipboard
At Kool Smiles, our goal is to provide access to quality dental health services to children throughout our communities. By providing this...