Actavis Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Actavis Group, a global leader in developing, manufacturing and marketing high-quality generic medications with more than $2.25 billion in worldwide sales in 2010. Approximately one-third of all sales are generated in the United States, Actavis’ largest single market and home to seven locations: three in New Jersey, two in Florida and one each in Maryland and North Carolina.
Responsibilities will include:
- Perform metrological duties on analysis instruments while following cGMP and corporate policies to achieve company goals and initiatives.
- Follow established laboratory safety and operational procedures.
- Provide back up to supervisor as necessary.
- Audit calibration / preventative maintenance data and approve / release instruments for use.
- Conduct laboratory instrument calibration and maintenance according to a predefined schedule
- Process instruments as required (change controls regarding new & retired, qualifications, etc.).
- Identify, provide justification and purchase new laboratory instrumentation
- Coordinate and/or execute appropriate qualification/re-qualification of new and existing laboratory instrumentation
- Initiate deviations and obtain appropriate authorization for proposed remediation plans (TrackWise database entry).
- Service instrumentation in accordance with approved Methods & Procedures.
- Document all activities in a legible manner following established formats and procedures.
- Identify and troubleshoot problems with instrumentation and analytical preparations.
- Provide mentorship to junior analysts and train new or current employees when necessary.
Actavis is a values-driven organization that encourages and rewards ambition, creativity and accountability; and is active in local communities. Actavis is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers an attractive compensation and benefits package to support its goal of being an “employer of choice” in the industry.
- BS/BA Degree Required
- 4 – 6 years in a pharmaceutical laboratory environment including specific experience calibrating, maintaining and troubleshooting laboratory instrumentation.
- Knowledge of cGMPs.
- Demonstrated proficiency in metrological skills with the ability to train others.
- Possess adequate written and oral communication skills (may be evaluated using a written test).
- Exhibit computer proficiency (i.e., Millennium, TrackWise, Microsoft Office applications, etc.).
- Possess strong mathematical skills (i.e., fractions, percentages, ratios and algebraic expressions, etc.).
- Broad instrumentation knowledge (i.e., HPLC, GC, UV, IR, KF, pH, etc.)
- Ability to stand/sit at lab bench and sit in office environment
- Ability to use a personal computer
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.repeatedly (up to 10 repeitions)
Actavis - 19 months ago
As its name implies, the Actavis U.S. is the US manufacturing and marketing unit of global generics firm Actavis. The company makes some 150...