Triple Canopy, a leading global provider of mission support, security and training services, has an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Linux Engineer to help sustain and upgrade network and VOIP operations in support of both corporate operations and government contracts in overseas locations. This position is a critical part of our business and will have the ability to significantly impact the company’s performance.
Support company operations by maintaining and enhancing network infrastructure and VoIP in a mixed Linux and Windows environment.
• Monitor, troubleshoot, and maintain IP networks
• Assist in the design of new networks
• Maintain VPN connectivity on an IP based satellite network.
• Assist in the maintenance of VoIP telephony services including SIP trunks
• Work with Internet service providers to install systems and resolve network issues
• Support remote personnel in the troubleshooting and installation of network equipment.
• Configure and maintain firewalls using IPTABLES
• Network and system monitoring and reporting
Essential Skills and Experience
• 5+ years of IT networking experience
• Demonstrated experience working with command line Linux systems and configuration
• Knowledge of VPN connectivity
• In-depth understanding of network protocols
• Understanding of traffic analysis and network diagnostics
• Experience working with traffic monitoring tools (e.g. Wireshark, tcpdump, traceroute, SSH, telnet)
• Detailed understanding of IP Tables, DNS, IP Routing, OpenVPN, Juniper VPN
• Knowledge of Linux RedHat package management
• Ability to hold a Secret level security clearance and possibly up to Top Secret
Valued but not required Skills and Experience
• Experience maintaining Asterisk and troubleshooting SIP VoIP connectivity
• Experience with VMware and SAN connectivity
• Ability to automate tasks through Bash, Perl or PHP scripting
• Able to work in a mixed environment of Microsoft and Linux
• BS degree in technology field
Reporting to this position
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Must be able to lift 50 lbs as a part of a team of two up to 7 feet in height. Position may require overseas travel up to 5% of work year. Must be willing to travel to and work in austere or hostile work environments.
Individuals with work authorization based on non-immigrant visa status should advise type of visa when submitting resume. Triple Canopy, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Triple Canopy - 12 months ago
True to its name, Triple Canopy's got your safety covered. Offering a broad range of security services, the company mitigates risk for...