Performs management, maintenance and administration of the State of Wyoming Enterprise Network. It is important to note that a failure of the infrastructure or services that this position is responsible for managing would/could result in data communication interruptions affecting the entire State network's access to mission critical applications and services, crossing agency and geographical boundaries. This position entails an extremely high level of responsibility and availability to maintain the State's data communications network and security. Performs advanced network engineering and consulting duties both internally within Enterprise Technology Services and externally with other State agencies and connected entities providing technical expertise to other IT personnel that is beyond their knowledge or experience.
- Assists with unified incident response and handling teams and coordinates incident response handling with law enforcement and targeted agencies.
- Participates in and facilitates network security audits across all State agencies.
- Provides budgetary input and guidance in support of the Enterprise network and security infrastructure.
- Senior principle that, as a specialist, performs advanced system and infrastructure work.
- Performs complex problem determinations and maintains specific aspects of system and infrastructure.
- Gathers and documents system requirements from customers.
- Collaborates with peers and industry to seek out optimum technical solutions.
- Communicates and collaborates with peers and customers as projects progress.
- Adjust system design as development progresses based on user needs and functional requirements.
- Monitors scope and budget of projects and advises customers of the implications of their decisions on scope and budget.
- Calculates time required to perform system and infrastructure projects/tasks.
- Identifies system modules and components from large conceptual system design.
- Manage, analyze, design, monitor and support over 700 network devices.
- Review and recommend the installation, modification, or replacement of hardware or software components and any configuration changes that affects the network infrastructure.
- Maintain data and communicate to management the impact on business/customer caused by theft, destruction, alteration or denial of access to the enterprise network.
- Verify and troubleshoot connectivity.
- Support the deployment, configuration, and development of a statewide VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) service on the State of Wyoming Enterprise.
- Design, maintain, performance tune, secure network devices, and insure availability of large scale network routers for the State of Wyoming Enterprise Network.
- Respond to system and network problems.
- Troubleshoot, configure, maintain and monitor advanced problems relating to enterprise network operating systems, network switching/routing, and LAN (Local Area Network) and WAN (Wide Area Network) network connectivity.
- Investigative activities with the intention of making innovative discoveries as it relates to network and application performance.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of (advanced) of specialized areas as required by IT department.
- Knowledge of installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of system, network, database and technology components.
- Knowledge of network switching, routing, security, large-scale network design, network traffic and protocol analysis.
Preference will be given to those who possess highly advanced knowledge and expert level experience in network engineering and design, and information systems security.
*Please view the Class Specifications (Class Code CTSY10) and the State required Minimum Qualifications for this vacancy at:
Employment is subject to applicant successfully passing a background check.