Terex Corporation is a diversified global manufacturer operating in four business segments: Aerial Work Platforms, Construction, Cranes, and Materials Processing. Terex manufactures a broad range of equipment for use in various industries, including the construction, infrastructure, quarrying, mining, shipping, transportation, refining, energy and utility industries.
MAJOR TASKS: In accordance with the goals, policies, and procedures of Terex the Quality Engineer is responsible and accountable for the following essential functions and other duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
Responsibilities The Quality Engineer role at Terex is responsible for effectively researching quality issues associated with production problems to determine and eliminate root causes and diminish occurrences. This role will be critical in managing customer quality plans, performing as the liaison for customer quality, leading customer teams, as well as leading product specific regulatory compliance.
- Develop and Implement Quality System visual tools such as quality scorecards, quality analysis and quality feedback mechanisms.
- Support the development of methodologies for Quality initiatives and Quality resources.
- Lead Compliance of Assembly Quality Checks to Assembly Work Instructions
- Facilitate responses to customers regarding technical, quality issues.
- Lead Failure Analysis and Customer / Site Audits
- Support the identification of manufacturing and quality issues effecting product/production quality.
- Initiate and control plans to prevent product defects
- Support the development of materials and provide training on Lean Quality tools and methods
- Lead statistical problem solving projects and defining of problems using statistical tools.
- Lead the analysis and interpretation of various data trends and patterns of other indications of process or system problems.
- Lead the identification of the elements of a corrective-action plan addressing the systemic problem and track results.
- Lead the assessment of the effectiveness of corrective action plans though statistical tools and institute appropriate follow-up actions.
- Lead warranty analysis and develop plans to reduce warranty. Qualifications EDUCATION: A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a Bachelors degree in Engineering Technology is required. (ABET accredited)
EXPERIENCE: Five or more years of manufacturing or quality experience with a working knowledge of statistical methods, problem solving, quality standards and continuous improvement tools.
Computer skills; MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access). Product/process improvement with knowledge of lean manufacturing preferred. Ability to use considerable independent judgment without compromising policies and procedures. Demonstrated ability to effectively implement change. Strong orientation to safety and quality.
Experience with helping with the creation and development of quality processes, is preferred.
Experience working with other departments with regard to quality and quality improvement and working with suppliers on quality issues is preferred.
Experience and the ability to help lead the quality effort throughout the organization is preferred.
Terex is a "T-Rex" when it comes to making a variety of cranes, aerial platforms, and construction and materials processing...