IT Business Relationship Manager(Job Number: 18486)
Avanade provides business technology services that connect insight, innovation and expertise in Microsoft technologies to help customers realize results. Avanade’s services and solutions help improve performance, productivity and sales for organizations in all industries. The company applies Microsoft expertise from its global network of consultants, drawing on the right mix of onshore, offshore and nearshore skills, which together are designed to help deliver results faster, at lower cost and with less risk. Avanade, which is majority owned by Accenture, was founded in 2000 by Accenture and Microsoft Corporation and serves customers in more than 20 countries worldwide with more than 13,000 professionals. Additional information can be found at http://www.avanade.com/.
Avanade IT is growing with the company. In this dynamic environment we need to establish stronger ties to our business functions to provide the best services. The Business Relationship Manager is the connection between the IT department and the business units IT serves. The primary goal for this organization is to ensure that both business and IT are delivering the best solutions to the right people. The Customer Account Manager has overall ownership of the business relationship between Avanade and Avanade IT. S/He is charged with establishing trust between Avanade business units and IT in the ability to deliver technology value for the company.
The role involves leadership through facilitation such as leading the adoption of new technology-based solutions by business users. The business relationship manager also has strong communications skills; keeping the business informed of critical information regarding their systems.
They are also charged with establishing and maintaining strategies and roadmaps for each business capability while also identifying dependencies and opportunities for delivery of integrated systems or cost avoidance where solutions already exist.
Scope of Work
- Define customer roles and establish a trusted advisor relationship between ITS and Avanade internal business units
- Own the creation and maintenance of Portfolio strategies roadmaps to help determine delivery priority.
- Create strong communications between IT and the business for application delivery including service introduction (e.g. change management) and operational issues and outages.
- Create cohesive, user-centric application standards to ensure consistency throughout all applications.
- Coordinate and balance customer needs and strategies with ITS delivery capacity.
- Interface between ITS resources and business units.
- Act as an advocate on behalf of Avanade to ensure customer IT related services are maintained within defined SLA where these services are used.
- Provide strategic and tactical planning, development, evaluation, and coordination of service line applications.
- Continuous Improvement in application support through education of the help desk, up-to-date documentation on Help site, and community support.
- Develop and implement user-training programs for service products.
- Provide IT analysis of geographies where Avanade is considering expansion of IT services.
- Coordinate the development of IT business cases garnering input from the business (aligned to strategic needs) and the delivery and infrastructure groups to understand scope.
- Ownership of the sustained engineering queue, prioritizing work and resources for bug fixes while maintaining separation from project delivery work.
Scope (Autonomy & decision making), size of projects/teams managed, impact and contribution to Avanade), see Career Milestone Guide leveling factors.
- Autonomy and Decision making - Takes self-directed actions within defined goals but with supervisor guidance available; complex projects; Makes independent decisions, which have major day-to-day impact in functional area of responsibility
- Daily work - Supervisor and team leader; Provides coaching, career guidance; Determines critical success factors for solution, and balances customer expectations within project constraints to ensure success; Key customer advocate, interfaces with all levels across the customer organization, from end users to executive management.
- Impact and Contribution - Sets objectives and leads the delivery of projects or work efforts that have a direct effect on business results within a functional or operational area. Provides expert advice, guidance and recommendations to senior managers and consultants to resolve business issues; Responsible for delivering assigned outcomes with high business impact; accountable for day to day outputs and quality performance of a team. Actions can cause or prevent delays, inefficiencies, or unnecessary expense and impact the efficiency and effectiveness of the people managed.
Skills/ Knowledge/ Experience Required :
Years of Experience
- 7+ years of IT industry experience required, including global IT organizations
- 3+ years of management experience
- Undergraduate degree required, IS-related field preferred
- Graduate degree in business preferred
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade promotes equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, status as a protected disabled or Vietnam Era Veteran, disability, or any other legally protected status.
- Prior Product Management/Business Management experience working with non-IT organizations to define and delivery IT solutions.
- Relationship management – ability to cultivate and maintain strong networks of people who contribute to the success of the function.
- Program Management/Delivery management – scoping, planning, staffing and managing of projects which are resourced and executed by teams spanning multiple regions and organizations.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to understand high level technical details and translate them into high level technical platform directions.
- Prior Website Development/Delivery experience required. Understanding and experience in web application architecture, design, delivery, content management tools, campaign management tools and web site operations ideally with knowledge of SharePoint as a platform.
- Business process analysis, design and optimization. Specifically in the Marketing business function.
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Seattle
Travel: No |
Job Type: Standard
Region: - Global SC
Job: Service Mgmt
Capability Group: ITS - Service Management