Job Category: Audit
Clinical Licensure Required : N/A
Job Type: Full Time Position Summary:
This position based in Scottsdale Arizona is for CVS Caremark’s Pharmacy Benefits Management (PBM) line of business. The requirements of this position include the development, prioritization, and completion of detailed financial and operational audits to evaluate the effectiveness of management controls, accuracy of financial information, and compliance with applicable policies and regulations.
Audit work involves preliminary planning, audit execution, reporting, and follow-up on all audit engagements. The auditor will perform internal controls based on interviews, data analysis, and transaction based testing. The position is responsible for interacting with all levels of Internal Audit and business unit management to resolve issues in a timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plan and develop the audit approach for assigned projects consistent with guidelines established in the Internal Audit Standards
• Conduct financial and operational audits throughout the organization
• Conduct exit meetings with the business units to review findings and confirm action plans
• Draft audit reports to effectively communicate the results of reviews and conclude on the control environment
• Tracks open audit issues and performs follow-up to evaluate the adequacy of remediation efforts
• Provide performance feedback for co-workers
• Develop and maintain productive relationships with management and other staff both in and outside the department
• Identify risks and assesses controls in conjunction with quarterly Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and maintain ongoing oversight of related business unit activity
• Participate in new systems development, significant process changes and re-engineering efforts throughout the Company to monitor impacts to the control environment
• Perform ad hoc requests as prioritized per Department Management
• Aid in the training of new internal audit staff
• Review staff work to ensure its adherence with Internal Audit Standards Required Qualifications:
Practical knowledge of processes, risks, and internal controls PC proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc) Excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language Ability to communicate succinctly and effectively with operations management Strong analytical, deductive, and problem-solving skills Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills Understanding of technical accounting concepts (e.g., GAAP) Preferred Qualifications:
Practical knowledge of retail and pharmacy benefit management industries Knowledge of SAP and PeopleSoft Proficiency in use of Computer Aided Audit Techniques Education:
Bachelor’s degree (accounting preferred) Professional certification such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or MBA preferred Business Overview:
CVS Caremark, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day.
As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Caremark - 15 months ago
CVS Caremark (NYSE: CVS), headquartered in Woonsocket, RI, is the largest pharmacy health care provider in the United States with integrated...