As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 24,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Perform Windows and Linux System Administration
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
8-10 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
Windows 2008 administration experience
- Must be able to do basic configurations, troubleshooting, building out servers, cabling servers, and setting up servers.
- Linux (CentOS, Redhat, Debian) Administration experience - must be able to do configurations, troubleshooting, building out servers, cabling servers, setting up servers, upgrades, and able to read logs and apply the patches, and installing the new software.
- Flexibility to adapt to different functional domain areas.
- Spending 50% of time Linux / 50% of their time on Windows.
- Proven experience with SQL.
- Proven experience with ROCKS.
- Proven experience with Tomcat.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
Generally dynamic, General Dynamics is a prime military contractor to the Pentagon (the US government accounts for about 70% of sales). The...