ECS is an award-winning consulting firm offering geotechnical and environmental engineering, construction materials testing and facilities consulting services. Founded in 1988, the firm is ranked by ENR among the top engineering and environmental firms in the country. From our network of more than 40 offices strategically located across the United States, our expertise spans the nation and multiple industry sectors. Our commitment is to provide high quality and innovative engineering services. Setting the standard for service isn't just our tag line... it's the foundation of our business. M/F/D/V EOE and E-verify.
Resumes from external recruiters will not be accepted.
Additional requirements that would be a plus:
- Working experience of 5-7 years on MS SQL database administrator role/position
- Set up MS SQL database server & automate jobs related to database
- Manage MS SQL database backup & recoveries as needed
- Manage MS SQL database objects, space & statistics
- Prepared MS SQL object naming standards & prepared T-SQL coding standards
- Set up and manage MS SQL server replication technology, specifically 2005 subscriptions & publications
- Set up and manage MS SQL reporting technology, specifically 2005 SQL Server Integration Services and SQL Server Reporting Services
- Support Deployments of application code & database code into integration testing, User testing & further to final production servers
- Good knowledge on MS SQL server 2000 – MSDE, Standard and Enterprise
- Good knowledge on MS SQL server 2005 – including MS SQL express 2005 databases
- Good knowledge on migrating from MS SQL 2000 to 2005 or later versions
- Write T-SQL stored procedure & functions to support application development and database
- Create, manage and maintain the database diagrams, dictionaries for MS SQL server databases
- Good knowledge of Virtual Servers on which MS SQL server databases reside
- Create, manage and maintain reports in SSRS
- Familiarity with Hardware infrastructure like RAID, MS Windows Servers, etc.
- Familiarity with MS SQL server 2008, 2012 – MS SQL express 2008, 2012 databases
- Familiarity with other competing operating systems – Linux, etc.
- Familiarity with other competing database systems – MySQL, Sybase or Oracle, etc.
- Write code in .Net applications or Cold Fusion applications to support database related activities
Please indicate your compensation expectations when applying for this position. Failure to do so may disqualify you from consideration.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or arelated field.
- 5-7 years of experience working with various database management systems in database design, testing, implementation, maintenance and administration in a multiple platform environment.
- This is an i ntermediate professional level role.
- Supports multiple services and multiple databases of medium to high complexity (complexity defined by database size, technology used, systems feeds and interfaces) with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity and accessibility of data.
- Works on multiple projects as a project leader or sometimes as a project advisor.
- May coach more junior technical staff.
If hired for this position you will join an office with a fun, business-casual atmosphere. ECS is committed to providing a diverse, drug-free work place and believes our employees are our greatest asset. We respect hard work and honesty in our employees. We provide ample industry related training, comprehensive benefits and a broad range of career opportunities. Driver’s license verification and pre-employment drug screening is required; random and post-incidence drug screening is also undertaken. This position is exempt under FLSA. Relocation will not be provided for this position. This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship.
ECS Group of Companies - 19 months ago