The purchasing assistant has responsibility for purchasing raw materials and packaging materials from vendors. Sources and evaluates vendor quotes and services to determine the most desirable suppliers. Has function oversight responsibility and works without direct supervision.
* Sources and recommends suppliers, obtains quotes, and conduct negotiations that directly impact the productivity and cost effectiveness of the materials and manufacturing functions.
* Audits and maintains vendor performance records and makes recommendations for corrective action where required.
* Expedites shipments where necessary, and authorizes premium shipment payments, working with vendors to insure appropriate flow.
* Generates purchase orders and tracks purchase orders prepared.
* Confirms purchase receipts of buyers for innovator samples.
* Generates approvals for payment of invoices based on audit supplier invoices and purchase orders.
* Manages return merchandise program, track and insures receipt of returned merchandise. Issues credit memos to insure customer transaction satisfaction and count verification.
* Creates and maintains tracking systems and works continually to streamline and improve processes associated.
Must have familiarity with basic accounting procedures, vendor interaction and negotiation experience. Must be attentive to detail and consistently demonstrate a high degree of accuracy. Minimum three years’ experience in buyer positions with exposure to all buying vertical components. Experience with vendor negotiation and documentation requirements.
Bachelors degree required. Experience may be substituted for degree.
Caraco Pharmaceutical Laboratories - 17 months ago