BS, 7-10 Years, MS with 5-7 years
• The ideal candidate will have demonstrable technical understanding in one or more of the following: SAS, SATA, and/or PCIe Gen-2 and Gen-3.
• Must have proven experience using modern Software Test Engineering concepts.
• Must have excellent server and storage debug experience.
• Experience in storage architectures, principles, storage topologies, and performance concepts.
• Ability to perform Server System Administration (build, customize, provision, and troubleshoot) on the latest versions of: Windows Server, Linux, and VMware (or equivalent Hypervisor). For example: RHEL, SUSE, Windows 2008 Server, ESXi.
• Experience with test tools such as: ClearQuest, Jira, or Bugzilla and either commercial or homegrown test automation tools.
• Moderate C/C++ programming experience as well as Perl, Python, or equivalent scripting language for developing and using test tools is required.
The Customer Focused Test team is responsible for server and storage integration testing of LSI Accelerated Solutions Division (ASD) products. This type of testing is critical to the success of our products in a constantly changing environment. This position requires constant personal skills development to keep up-to-date with the latest LSI products, the newest enterprise-class servers, and the latest operating system environments. Our customers require us to execute high-quality, detailed testing of our products so they may use and/or resell the products worldwide. At LSI, we often work closely with the customer defining test standards and/or refining statements of work. Attention to details is the top prerequisite.
• Create and execute test plans (test suites, test sets, test cases and test runs) for PCIe flash storage devices (including Flash Storage Processors).
• Ensure test plans are clearly defined to validate software, firmware and hardware features in both standard and customer-specific environments.
• Work closely with Software Development in SCRUM style Sprint planning and execution.
• Work closely with Program Management teams to help plan and execute per customer and marketing requirements.
• Troubleshoot and diagnose software issues and provide CLCA upon resolution.
• Track bugs, test bug fixes, and report test progress in a timely and responsible fashion.
• Research and implement new and innovative ways of testing hardware and firmware while driving internal process improvements.
• Communicate (US and Worldwide) with internal groups and customers on test status, schedules, and issues via e-mail, conference calls.
LSI Corporation - 15 months ago
LSI is an Avago Technologies Company. Visit www.avagotech.com for information on Avago's broad range of analog, digital, mixed signal and...