Job Order: J0213-1273 - Permanent Full Time
Title: Senior Malware Analyst
Category: Consulting / Business / Functional
City: Fort Belvoir, Virginia, United States
Job Description: Senior Malware Analyst
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence with Government Secure Solutions, CGI Inc. GSS is seeking a Senior Malware Analyst / Reverse Engineer / Computer Network Operations Analyst to join our team. The analyst assigned to this position will help to propose, develop and coordinate appropriate SIGINT courses of action (COAs). As part of this effort, the analyst will support cutting edge cyber security research projects. This hands-on position will involve collaborative interaction with the customer and with other research organizations.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and capabilities:
The following skills are desired but not required:
- Ability to reverse engineer undocumented binary software
- Hands-on experience with reverse engineering tools
- Detailed understanding of how various attacks work at the memory and register level
- In-depth understanding of operating system kernels, advanced protection mechanisms, device drivers, and/or compilers
- Develop measures of effectiveness (MOEs) and processes to conduct battle damage and effectiveness assessment, detect and assess likely enemy mitigation efforts, and identify potential collateral effects.
- Assist the customer in identifying authorities (DoD or Interagency) for all proposed COAs and identify specific interagency and potential coalition support and actions required.
- Use customer-specific applications to produce time-sensitive intelligence reports to military and national consumers.
- Review threat data from various sources, including appropriate Intelligence databases, to establish the identity and modus operandi of hackers active in customer networks and posing potential threat to customer networks.
- Coordinate SIGINT threat tracking with counterpart organizations, and populate databases and web pages with critical SIGINT information needed for customer operations.
- Recommend courses of action based on analysis of both general and specific threats.
- Deliver reports, briefings, and assessments to customer leadership, facilitating in-depth technical and analytical understanding of SIGINT threat entities and environments.
Position requires analyst capable of manipulating SIGINT databases and the skills to produce finished intelligence reports for military and national consumers.
- Expertise with reverse engineering embedded systems.
- Expertise with other dynamic and static binary analysis tools and techniques such as fuzzers, dynamic instrumentation, symbolic execution, taint analysis, etc
- Demonstrated proficiency in assembler languages
- Strong shell, C, C++, and/or Java programming skills
- Unix family and Windows-based software development
Training / Education:
In addition, any successful candidate should meet the following requirements:
- B.S. preferred but not required, in Computer Science / Engineering, Information Systems Management, Information Assurance, Network Security, or other technical, IT-related field.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
- Have 8+ years experience reverse engineering software binaries.
- Excellent work ethic with a demonstrated ability to work well with minimal supervision.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills.
- An understanding of the United States SIGINT System is desired.
- Top Secret clearance with SCI accesses.
- Ability to acquire and maintain Counter-Intelligence polygraph. At CGI, we're a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 72,000 professionals located in more than 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
CGI - 12 months ago
CGI doesn't generate make-believe worlds, but rather real-life worldwide IT services. The company is the leading technology services...