Job Title: Program Manager |
Location: Little Rock, AK 72201
Job Purpose: The AOC Project Manager will manage technology projects for the CIS Division of the AOC. LOCAL candidate preferred. Duties: 15-20% Travel. State vehicle available for most travel.
This position is responsible for managing the Arkansas project team ’s effort towards the analysis, development, and integration to CMS and DMS, testing, training, and implementation of the AOC Software applications. Responsibilities include coordinating and communicating with subject matter experts from the project team, working with the technical staff for development, and working with the vendor on the overall project schedule to ensure that deadlines will be met.
The AOC Project Manager is responsible for coordination and completion of assigned AOC projects.
The formal education of a bachelor ’s degree is required. Knowledge of Arkansas court systems and proficient use of word processing and spreadsheet software are desired. Applicants must demonstrate skill in oral and written communication, dedication to public service, and understanding of the use of technology in court applications. Applicants must also demonstrate experience managing projects with a high degree of complexity. PMI Certification is highly desirable.
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
• Knowledge of the principles of project management
• Able to provide detail and timely project reporting to management and division staff with adherence to the internal standards and project management methodology
• Ability to assess court user needs, including business requirements definition, data definitions, and operational requirements definition
• Ability to plan work to accomplish project goals
• Ability to coordinate activities with court staff, users, and vendor representatives
• Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
Examples of Work:
• Oversee assigned project activities from initiation phase through implementation phase and acceptance evaluation
• Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of the projects
• Builds and maintains working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved in the projects
• Leads and directs the work of others
• Plan and document related phases, steps and procedures of assigned projects including but not limited to system configuration, system modification needs, data conversion requirements and testing, hardware environment requirements, and training of court users in case management system
• Assist in the development of training and implementation schedules and documentation
• Negotiation of contracts and contractual changes and coordinating preparations of proposals, plans, specifications, and financial conditions of contracts
• Ensures projects are completed on time and within budget
• Acts as advisor to program team regarding projects, tasks, and operations
• Assist in the development of standards, policies, and procedures for the AOC software programs
• Document our internal business policies and practices as they relate to the project
• Other duties as assigned
The AOC Project Manager has regular contact with elected court officials and court staff, department staff, and other state agency/institutions personnel. Must maintain a high degree of integrity, decorum, and respect for court personnel at all times and possess the ability to communicate with court personnel at all levels. This position works closely with other AOC technical and non-technical staff, and reports to the AOC PMO Manager.
Skills and Specifications:
IT Program/Project Management – Required 5 Years
Full Lifecycle Program Management - Required 5 Years
Project Management Processes and Tools – Required 5 Years
Multiple Concurrent Projects – Required 3 Years
" Managing Project Timelines – Required 5 Years Developing Testing Strategy – Required 4 Years Superior Presentation Skills - Required 8 Years Excellent Communication Skills – Required PMP Certification Required
Excel Management Systems, Inc. - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
EFITS delivers a variety of field-based IT services using EXCEL's 4-R Service Delivery System. This provides clients with the Reach, Range,...