Here We Grow Again!
KinderCare is the largest private provider of child development programs and our Ansonia location is currently hiring for an Experienced Preschool Teacher who is looking for advancement and is ready to take their career to the next level.
It is our passion for teaching that sets us apart from others, delivering a program that enhances the confidence of children by providing activities that help children become problem solvers and lifelong learners
It’s our business and passion to know children’s needs at all stages, we develop the whole child-socially, emotionally, physically, and intellectually-equally; in doing so we make learning fun. Our curriculum is based on the belief that children learn best by doing and playing, it’s a hands-on approach that has set us apart from other early childhood learning providers for over 40 years.
Through independent exploration, structured activities, and hands on learning, children will learn early literacy, math, science, and social studies concepts. Combine with physically engaging activities, we offer a comprehensive approach to whole child earning
Our Early Foundations program is a readiness curriculum that teaches letters and words, math concepts, and valuable social skills. Inclusive in our teaching is small group instruction, independent play in an organized atmosphere and whole group activities.
Our programs are designed to prepare children for the adventure of a lifetime- school.
KLC shares a simple yet powerful vision: Creating a World of Learners.
Are you feeling Creative?
Interested candidates would possess:
- CDA or AA/BA in Early Childhood Studies or related field (minimum 9 college credits)
- Knowledge of the developmental stages for preschoolers
- Be a Self-Motivated, Creative Team player
- Willingness to take charge and Lead
- Flexibility in planning and implementing
- Strong communication skills
- 1+ years of early childhood education experience
Ability to be flexible in assignment and work hours required
CPR and First Aid Certification or willingness to obtain desirable
Excellent verbal, listening, and written communication skills required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
Work is primarily performed in the center environment. Centers are dynamic with a high level of activity. Work may also be performed at community sites for field trips.
Incumbent will be faced with a variety of issues on a daily basis and will be engaged in multiple tasks and must respond quickly and appropriately to frequently changing needs of children
- Incumbent must be able to lift 40 pounds
- Stand up to 95% of the day
- Assume postures in low level positions that best allow physical and visual contact with children
- Must be able to sustain a high level of energy
- Bend to perform various tasks numerous times throughout the day
- Stoop, sit on the floor
- Have the agility to move from a seated position to a standing position promptly to respond to emergency situations
- Perform all activities with children, i.e. jump, dance, walk, run, etc. for extended periods of time
- Both indoor and outdoor environment are typically found in a childcare facility. Depending upon activities and season, may be required to be outdoors for regular, prolonged activities.
- Must possess acceptable hearing and visual capabilities in order to monitor the environment and children's well being
- Must be able to excel in an ambiguous and continuously changing, competitive environment
- Incumbent will need to be flexible and be able to respond quickly and appropriately to changing situations
- Work hours may vary to meet the needs of the children
Knowledge Learning Corporation - 13 months ago
Knowledge Universe Education (KUE) sees a world of opportunity in education. The company operates more 3,700 schools and child care programs...