The Participant Services Specialist is responsible to answer all participant questions on offered benefits with accuracy and high quality customer service.
Coverage: Monday - Friday: 7:00 A.M. - 7:00 P.M. - Four 10 Hour shifts available
Salary: $11.00 - $16.00 per hour (depending on experience)
SCOPE / DECISION MAKING LATITUDE
- Responsible for all assisting participants by answering questions, solving problems, and educating. Receives incoming participant calls, responds to customer email inquiries in a timely manner using customer service standards, and assists participants that visit our facility.
- Handles all inquiries professionally and courteously and with accuracy.
- Promotes a favorable image of Discovery Benefits through positive interactions with customers maintaining their confidence in us.
- Answers and returns inquiries in a timely manner.
- Researches/investigates all inquiries utilizing reference materials.
- Understands and applies confidentiality guidelines.
- Follows customer service standards.
- Meets customer service statistical goals.
- Is knowledgeable about the products that DBI offers. Participates in departmental training. Displays advanced knowledge of IRS Regulations, claims processing procedures, HIPAA regulations and other related learning.
- Processes incoming requests in a timely manner following customer service standards for turnaround time. Processes incoming participant forms. Assists DBI will projects such as creating marketing/education packets, processing mass mailings, creating education materials, etc.
- Provides informal and formal internal training and support to coworkers.
- All other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Provides direction to participants through telephone, email, and face-to-face interaction. The Participant Services Specialist represents Discovery Benefits to the customer. They own the customer’s experience with them. All solutions, complaints, and successes are theirs. In order to ensure the customer’s continued confidence in us, it is the Participant Services Specialist’s responsibility to find accurate answer quickly. They represent the entire company when on the phone with the customer. They never place blame on another area or person.
- Position accomplishes functions within established procedures of Discovery Benefits. The incumbent confers with the Shift Supervisor and/or Team Lead on any unusual situations or problems.
- Telephone inquiry experience or ability the ability to handle a constant flow of incoming calls.
- Customer service experience and benefit experience typically acquired in 6 months to two years.
- Computer proficiency required.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.