Manufacturing Process Engineer - Columbia, MO-1300845
Organization : Electronics & Energy Business
Primary Location: USA Region-United States-Missouri-Columbia
Job Type: Experienced
3M is seeking a Manufacturing Process Engineer for the Electronics & Energy Business Group, Electronic Solutions Division
Job Summary : The person hired for the position of Manufacturing Process Engineer will primarily be responsible for supporting speciality coated products manufactured at 3M Columbia. The position will join the manufacturing team to increase vacuum coating support for product improvements and capacity increases to maintain 3M's market position and customer engagement. The position will support process improvements in related processes as required. The position enables growth by delivering stable and capable processes to manufacturing and providing processing instructions and troubleshooting support for first articles and prototypes.
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Understand and define management of Environmental, Safety, Health and Regulatory aspects of processes and materials
- Demonstrate personal leadership in Environmental, Safety, Health and Regulatory aspects
- Add to Product and Process Understanding with experiments and investigations
- Develop and execute projects to achieve technical and business goals
- Provide technical input to new product design reviews
- Provide and maintain process documentation including process standards and other specifications
- Lead and work effectively with product engineers, production, quality, laboratory, design center, and customer technical personnel
- Develop executable new processes and resolve product/process issues
- Responsible for process engineering for assigned processes prior to and after production scale up
- Lead standardization and new process definition as processes mature to launched production
- May guide the technical activities of other employees
Location: The person hired for the position of Manufacturing Process Engineer will be located in Columbia, MO and relocation assistance will be available within 3M policies. This position may include up to 10% travel.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering from an accredited university
- Master’s degree or higher in Engineering from an accredited university
- Manufacturing engineering experience in vacuum coating processes
- 1+ year of Lean manufacturing experience
- 3+ years experience in development and/or post launch production support setting
- Demonstrated experience to analyze problems, diagnose root cause and apply corrective actions
- Self motivated with demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and detail oriented
- Experience leading cross-functional projects and demonstrated leadership
- Proactive and assertive attitude, visible and accountable
- Able to develop and maintain a network of 3M and external resources
- Well organized and capable of self-management of projects
The 3M Electronic Solutions Division offers innovative solutions to the global electronics market, such as static control products; copper interconnect systems; cables and cable assemblies; carrier and cover tapes and trays; flexible circuits; embedded capacitor materials, and Textool brand test and burn-in sockets. The unit is headquartered in Austin, Texas.
About Columbia, MO
3M Columbia is a manufacturing plant with multiple 3M divisions. The plant is owned by Electronic Solutions Division, but has manufacturing for five 3M businesses and six product lines: Touch Systems, Renewable Energy Division, Skin & Wound Care, Infection Prevention and Food Safety.
3M captures the spark of new ideas and transforms them into thousands of ingenious products. Our culture of creative collaboration inspires a never-ending stream of powerful technologies that make life better. 3M is the innovation company that never stops inventing. With $27 billion in sales, 3M employs about 80,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 65 countries. For more information, visit http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/SIG=15rp5itg8/http:/cts.businesswire.com/ct/CT?id=smartlink&url=http://www.3M.com&esheet=6627509&lan=en-US&anchor=www.3M.com&index=1&md5=d97e6d24dbc1a38178e1dde881fface6 or follow @3MNews on Twitter.
Apply now for this exciting opportunity with 3M.
3M is an EEO/AA employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
3M - 18 months ago
At 3M, we pair imaginative thinking with science-based technology to create globally-renowned products. We lead scores of markets: health...