Duties & Responsibilities: The Outpatient Behavioral Health Nurse provides professional nursing care in two unique community programs for individuals with behavioral health conditions. The position is split between Adult Day Programs and the Adolescent Clubhouse, both located in Lawrenceville, GA.
This position is part-time, 19 hours per week. The position is split between the Beacon Place & Five Points Day Programs and the Adolescent Clubhouse. All locations are in Lawrenceville and the candidate will travel between locations to meet client needs.
- Performs initial assessments of adults and/or child/adolescent clients presenting with mental health or alcohol/drug problems. Interviews client/family, vital signs, performs any necessary routine tests, and reviews available background information. Documents observations, medical history, physical and psychosocial examination results, and initial analysis of diagnostic data. Formulates individualized nursing treatment plan based on assessments, physician's/clinician's plan of care, and the client's level of need and functional ability.
- Assists with writing treatment plan objectives and interventions related to medical and nurse care that are clear, complete, grammatically correct, and properly coded and that meet Medicaid, insurer, CARF, and other required standards for diagnoses, content, justifications for treatment, and treatment time frames. Makes suggestions to the treatment team regarding any needed changes to the client's treatment plan, adjusts nursing care plan accordingly and secures necessary authorizations and re-authorizations.
- Writes clear, concise progress notes that relate directly to the service plan and properly document treatment outcomes for all scheduled nursing services. Observes and records in the client's progress notes responses to treatment and any significant side effects or other adverse reactions observeed or reported.
- Performs direct client care including medication management, administration of injections, administration monitoring of TB tests, instruction to the client on self-care, and symptom/medication education to individuals and groups as needed. May provide crisis intervention and after-hours on-call services as assigned.Observes
- Works closely with the physician, pharmacies and drug companies to secure prior authorizations for medications as needed and ensure appropiate filling and delivery of madications as prescribed. and records in the client's progress notes responses to treatment and any new symptoms or other changes in the client's condition. Notifies the physician or clinician of significant side effects or other adverse reactions observed or reported. Make suggestions to the treatment team regarding any needed changes to the client's treatment plan, adjusts nursing care plan accordingly, and secures necessary authorizations and re-authorizations. Works closely with the physician, pharmacies, and drug companies to secure prior authorizations for medications as needed. Works closely with the client to secure benefits through prescription assistance programs as needed.
This position is part-time, up to 19 hours per week. The current schedule is 8 hours a week as follows:
Mondays: 3:30pm - 5:30pm (Adolescent Clubhouse)
Tuesdays: 12:00 noon - 4:00pm (Adult Day Program)
Wednesdays: 3:30pm - 5:30pm (Adolescent Club House)
Agency Specific Qualifications and/or Preferred Qualifications: Agency Specific Qualifications:
A current Georgia license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse.
***Qualifying RN applicants with experience working with mh clients in an outpatient program may receive priority consideration for interview. Please make your experience in this area clear on your www.careers.ga.gov resume.***
Experience working with adults and/or adolescents with mental illness and/or substance dependence.
Experience working in a Community Service Board
Experience working with a team of social workers and clinicians
Experience with electronic health record, especially CareLogic
Superior skills with time management, multi-tasking, self-directing work, building rapport with clients, and clinical documentation
Additional Information: To be considered, you must apply for this position through www.careers.ga.gov below before the announcement closes. Your resume must clearly demonstrate how you meet the Agency Specific Qualifications and any Preferred Qualifications. Candidates for selection must pass a criminal background check (including finger-printing), pass a pre-employment drug screen, have a valid Georgia driver's license, and a Motor Vehicle Record in accordance with policy.
View Point Health provides CEU credits to meet licensing requirements. We are an equal opportunity employer.
This announcement is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified. Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
Georgia on my Mind is not just the state song -- it's the Governor's job description. Consisting of the Governor, his Cabinet,...