As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 24,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Participate in all phases of the web and database life cycle beginning with gathering user's functionality and system requirements, architecture, design, implementation, test, deployment and support phases. Additionally, this position will be heavily involved in all aspects of software integration, planning, designing, implementing, troubleshooting, repairing, and providing recommendations for application improvements based on customer requirements and new technologies.
Bachelors Degree in computer science or equivalent experience with additional specialized training in Windows based systems administration. Candidate must be accustomed to military deployed environments and preferably shall be familiar with desktop environments, server hardware, database and communication systems. A comprehensive technical knowledge with strong communication skills (written & oral), and strong customer interface skills is extremely important.
- Prepare and/or assist in the preparation of Functionality and System Requirements documents
- Prepare system, sub-system and application Design Plans and diagrams
- Participate in the Code and development of ‘builds' for deployment in an emerging environment
- Support the System testing and post deployment activities for assigned applications
- May supervise a Development team consisting of developers, tester and/or network engineers
- Develop detailed Hardware and Network specification required for systems based on the number of users, performance and scalability needs.
- Research, develop and/or modify application or user interface software
- Ensure full interoperability and seamless connections between all internal and external data feeds and operational systems
- Conduct procedural and object oriented software analysis and design.
- Develop database applications using agile development methods, following the Scrum model.
- Develop web, web service, client, server, database, middle-ware, and standalone applications.
- Develop in accordance with National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) NIST and DISA Standard Technical Implementation Guides (STIG).
- Develop and publish test procedures with routine reporting and insight on bug/issue management.
- Perform software test to include regression and continuous integration tests as software is being developed. Include unit test during application development when applicable.
- Manage the web and database services test process to include beta and release candidate testing. This includes planning and participating in user functional test events.
- Assist with software implementation and train other C2MS support team members, government, and military members on how to use end solution.
- Develop and utilized standard interfaces, schemas, and web services to enable machine-to-machine information exchange. Create interfaces to enable integration and interoperability of different systems to create a cohesive net-centric environment for SOF systems, compatible with joint, service, and other unique systems.
- Develop using cross platform architectures whenever possible and applicable.
- Perform legacy sustainment until development or movement to new systems. Legacy systems include the AFSOC Deployed Aircraft and Personnel Tracking System (ADAPTS), Legacy Special Operations Applications (SOFApps), and other systems. These systems are primarily based upon MS SQL and .NET architectures.
- Develop web application interfaces with security built within per industry and government standards.
- Maintain and use a software repository with versioning control for controlling final code and work in progress.
- Release software in 6 week SCRUM development cycles.
- Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
- Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for operating systems and application issues.
- 3-5 years experience managing multiples projects within a development team
- Have the knowledge, expertise, and skills to:
- Understand and meet DoD net-centric design requirements.
- Apply database design and architecture principles, best practices, and methods in multiple development frameworks.
- Learn and derive SOF unique requirements, apply development concepts to them, and develop software to meet those needs and environments.
- Ability to take high level requirements and develop them into SDLC documentation
- Versatile user interface design and implementation abilities
- Participate in the software development process management, e.g. SCRUM, iterative waterfall, agile and/or unified process approaches.
- IASAE Level 1 certification required
- ITIL V3 Foundations Certification desired
- This position is contingent on contract award
- This position may require shift and weekend work
- This position may require deployments to CONUS and OCONUS locations worldwide, and may include hazardous duty areas
- While deployments can be of a duration of up to 180 days, this position typically deploys on an as-required basis
- Candidate may be required to carry a pager to respond to on-call support outside normally scheduled hours
- The work is typically performed in an office environment and at client site locations, which requires proper safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT),...