Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. is a growing and dynamic organization with superb products that includes motorcycles, outboard motors, ATVs, personal watercraft, snowmobiles, boats, outdoor power equipment, race kart engines, accessories, apparel, and much more! We are a company of enthusiasts and have passion for our products!
Yamaha has an excellent opportunity for a successful Design Engineer Chassis/Suspension to join our Snowmobile R & D Center in Minocqua, WI. This individual will support new product development by design and validation of suspension and chassis components.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Design snowmobile suspension and chassis components and systems using CAE, FEA and MBD software tools
- Develop plan to validate designs using design tools, bench testing equipment and field test development
- Set up, collect and analyze experimental field data test data
- Responsible for project tracking, conduct design reviews, and progress reports
- Support engineering purchasing functions with vendors including parts cost, tooling, using Yamaha Quality Assurance Standards
- Attend SMB Market events to conduct customer and product research
- Perform other duties as assigned
Yamaha offers a “Total Rewards Package” which includes a great work environment, competitive salary and generous benefits package. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online.
- BSME (Mechanical Engineering) preferred or 2 years of engineering experience in the snowmobile or off road industry.
- Ability to set up test equipment and analyze data related to load & motion
- Demonstrate fluent CAE skills (GD & T, FMEA) and analytical skills related to
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and Multibody Dynamic Simulation (MBD)
- Knowledge of snowmobile products and current design
- Must possess excellent engineering judgment and analysis
- Work both independently and in team environments
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Yamaha - 9 months ago
Yamaha Corporation of America (YCA) and its customers make beautiful music together. The North American arm of Japan's Yamaha...