Infogroup is looking for a talented Database Administrator to join our fast-paced and innovative corporate team in Boston (Burlington).
This position is responsible for supporting Yesmail's various development and engineering teams with the scope of Application DBA. Oracle SQL and PL/SQL are a primary component used within the Yesmail family of applications with the candidate requiring strong skills in all facets of this technology for Oracle 10G and 11G. This individual will be a member of the Yesmail DBA team working closely with our internal ENG, CSE, and development teams. The candidate will focus on data warehousing and OLTP with secondary duties supporting our Express SQL Server environment. The candidate is expected to provide guidance, leadership and direct support with regard to the following items:
1. Provide development and engineering organizations with SQL and PL/SQL coding support while upholding the DBA standards and guidelines for the Yesmail environments.
2. Research, recommend, design and Implement advanced technology features and solutions to improve code quality, performance, and scalability of the overall environment.
3. Mature and mentor practices and techniques of various usage scenarios addressing the variable load characteristics and high concurrency challenges of our DW system.
4. Improve and mature standards and practice in order to realize more effective and efficient deployments throughout our environment.
5. Provide training on various database skills such as SQL and PL/SQL best practices.
6. Energetically engage during customer escalations, providing leadership as required through the entire incident life cycle.
7. Provide dedicated endurance ensuring proper follow through and conclusion for Root Cause Analysis, incidents, issues, tasks, and projects.
8. Documentation of processes and techniques, standards, etc.
9. Support customer projects and needs while maintaining DSG standards, roadmap, and direction.
10. Support projects by directly participating in the upfront design efforts.
11. Support Yesmail DW team with logical and physical design, development, code review, implementations, and maintenance of Oracle databases, including data analysis and modeling.
12. Establish and maintain a collaborative environment with Yesmail’s internal customer base focused on increasing system stability, availability, and performance.
13. Increase and improve the tactical capabilities of the Yesmail database administration team as well as work with management in outlining the strategic direction for various components within the Data Services Group (DSG.)
14. Work with management to guide DSG in the delivery of technical database centric solutions; meeting challenging engineering requirements, stringent volume and performance specifications, and daily “out of the box” conceptual thinking that drives Yesmail’s first in class product line.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of database installation, operations, maintenance, and upgrading procedures.
2. Knowledge of system, hardware, and software analysis policies and procedures.
3. Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels in the Company and with various business contacts outside of the company in an articulate, professional manner. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
4. Skill in analytical thinking and problem solving.
5. Ability to understand concerns and provide knowledge to computer users.
6. Good analytical and problem solving skills.
Education, Experience, and Certification:
1. Bachelors degree in computer related field is required.
2. 3 years related experience is required.
3. Experience with software installation and upgrades.
4. Experience working with multiple database systems.
We’re revolutionizing the way companies connect with their customers and grow their businesses. Find out how you can join the movement at http://www.infogroup.com/about-infogroup/careers-at-infogroup. Please reference requisition number: PRTYS2291
Yesmail Interactive powers intelligent customer interactions. We give you the insights to recognize and understand your customer to deliver contextually relevant digital communications - while respecting their preferences and privacy. We help marketers evolve their customer relationships through intelligent interactions via technology, insights and services in a near real-time multi channel environment. We help you compete in the age of the customer.
Yesmail Interactive is an Infogroup company. Infogroup’s 1,900 employees enable clients – from local businesses to the Fortune 100 – to increase sales and customer loyalty by leveraging our proprietary Data Axle™ of contextually relevant real-time information on more than 235 million individuals and 24 million businesses to deliver the complete spectrum of value added data and innovative targeted marketing solutions.
At Yesmail Interactive, our employees are directly responsible for our success. We strongly believe in rewarding employees for their initiative, teamwork and leadership. Every day, we expect our employees to ask questions, demand better solutions and challenge one another to succeed. We are constantly looking for candidates who are not only qualified and knowledgeable, but also have the drive to grow professionally. We hire dynamic individuals in variety of fields such as information technology, account management and client services, sales, marketing, administration and human resources.
Affirmative Action/EEO Policy
At Infogroup, we are committed to attracting, retaining and engaging employees from all walks of life. Diversity is an important part of our values and business operations. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment that promotes professional development for everyone. As part of that commitment, Infogroup does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other prohibited basis under applicable federal, state or local law.
Infogroup - 14 months ago
Making business information available for marketing purposes keeps this group together. Formerly infoUSA, Infogroup is a provider of data...