Monsanto is passionate about using science and technology to improve agriculture. Monsanto scientists are conducting research and development (R&D) to revolutionize plant breeding and biotechnology. The Technology Pipeline Solutions (TPS) team within IT works directly with the Monsanto scientists to develop software platforms that enable these research and development efforts. The accepted candidate will join the emerging field of IT systems informatics leveraging their technical expertise to play a key role in defining and delivering breakthrough science in high throughput R&D platforms for Monsanto.
Candidates who succeed in this fast paced dynamic environment excel in the following competencies:
The Senior Level Java Developer will work with the TPS Team within Monsanto to develop and maintain enterprise-level Java/Oracle applications. The candidate will work as part of a team comprised of project managers, scientific business analysts and other members of the technical staff to develop software in Java, Oracle and SQL. Responsibilities will include software development, maintenance and documentation. Monsanto has been selected as one of the top 100 places to work by Computerworld magazine for three consecutive years. The nomination was based on employee surveys that rank benefits, diversity, career development, training and retention.
- Results Orientation and Drive: Fosters a sense of urgency, identifies and overcomes obstacles. Balances the big picture with day-to-day activities and issues for their technology. Persistent in the pursuit of results.
- Communication: Creates an environment that fosters open and frank communication. Clearly expresses oneself orally and in writing. Listens carefully and solicits the opinions of others. Creates new channels of communication between TPS and other business functions.
- Relationships and Networks: Practices candid dialogue to resolve differences of opinion and build stronger solutions. Builds and maintains strong networks and relationships. Promotes an environment of inclusion for all employees.
- A BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- At Least six years of experience as a programmer/analyst in a technical or scientific environment.
- Experience in software development utilizing Java, Oracle and XML (at least six years of experience with Java and four years of experience utilizing Oracle/SQL).
- Experience with Java servlets.
- Experience with refactoring.
- Experience developing multi-tier applications.
- Experience with Object-Oriented methodologies.
- Experience with high level GO4 design patterns (above and beyond J2EE patterns).
- Experience with the Spring framework.
- Experience with Hibernate.
- Experience with automated testing utilizing Junit.
- The ability to explain the value of using Test First Development methodology.
- The demonstrated ability to learn and acquire new technologies as needed.
- A willingness to participate in collaborative software development.
- Experience with Test First Development Methodology.
- Experience with Maven.
- Experience with Web Services.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Monsanto - 9 months ago
Monsanto is one of the world’s leading agricultural technology companies. We’re a company committed to innovation, focused on...