SYSTEM SOFTWARE ENGINEER (LINUX)
Vigilent harnesses Big Data to solve the complex problem of energy efficiency in mission-critical facilities. This is your opportunity to become part of a proven, passionate company as we define and deliver Dynamic Cooling Management™ Systems that make the planet greener.
This is an opportunity to be involved in the development of the infrastructure powering the Vigilent Dynamic Cooling Management™ System. We seek someone to develop and maintain the technology infrastructure used in the Linux-based Vigilent AI Engine and Vigilent Alarms & Notifications Engine appliances that run our industry-leading applications. An appreciation for the importance of rigorously designed and reliable systems for a mission-critical application is essential.
- Refine Vigilent software platforms, including kernel modifications/extensions, driver implementation/enhancement, system integration and stress/stability analysis.
- Analyze complex technical issues and drive resolutions across multiple teams.
- Configure Linux OS and hardware devices to ensure compatibility and improve scalability and performance of applications.
- Work with development team and operations engineers to improve product security.
- Design solution to make security updates available to customer install base.
- Review and revise procedures used by Operations to install and configure server software and to update customer systems.
- Work with development, operations and purchasing to select, qualify and define server hardware configurations.
- Configure services (apache, database, users, security).
- Package proprietary Vigilent software using standard debian tools.
- Setup package repository servers (reprepro, apt-cacher).
- Develop tools to manage networks of systems (ansible, bcfg2).
- Write scripts to manage multi-tier backups.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- BS or MS in Computer Science.
- 3+ years of software development work experience.
- Solid Linux kernel experience, Ubuntu preferred.
- Expert level understanding of Linux performance monitoring and optimization.
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills.
- Strong debugging skills in application, driver and kernel levels.
- Basic networking knowledge (interfaces, routing, traceroute).
- Experience with Debian packages: building packages, deploying packages and package servers.
- Ability and flexibility to work and communicate effectively in a small team environment.
- Ability to pass background security check, including drug screen.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Strong scripting skills in Python and Bash.
- Java programming skills.
- Experience with debugging open source applications and contributing back to open source projects.
- Experience with embedded processors.
- Embedded system software/hardware cross-domain knowledge.
- Experience in software architecture design.
Vigilent Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to providing a workplace that includes people of diverse backgrounds. Vigilent participates in the E-Verify program as required by law.
Vigilent harnesses Big Data to solve the complex problem of energy efficiency in mission-critical facilities. This is your opportunity to...