At OppenheimerFunds, we've built a winning organization through a partnership between the Company and our employees. This reciprocal relationship provides the Company with the means to be successful in our competitive industry, while ensuring OppenheimerFunds' employees have a true stake in the Company's future.
- Informatica is a significant Oppenheimer data movement tool. Oppenheimer has more than 80 staffers writing Informatica code and supporting more than 3400 existing processes. Like any tool, it can be used well or poorly, and we currently implement rudimentary processes to identify poor uses. These processes can be improved but require specialized, intense analysis of the code base. The candidate would be asked to create a robust system using industry-standard practices to analyze our code base and produce easily-digestible reports targeted both to the individual Informatica developer and also to development managers and QA staff.
- Learn the typical uses of Informatica at Oppenheimer.
- Learn the basics of Informatica development.
- Learn the characteristics of well-written and poorly-written Informatica code.
- Develop systems that analyze Informatica code and can characterize code quality.
- Develop systems that can clearly report that analysis to developer, manager and QA audiences.
- Receive and respond to feedback regarding these reports.
Professional skills, technical and industry knowledge, etc:
- Any science-oriented major (computer science, physics, math, engineering, chemistry, etc.)
OFI Core Competencies
- A database such as Oracle, SQL Server, Postgresql, Mysql.
- A scripting language such as Python, Ruby or Bash.
- A programming language such as C, C++ or Java.
Define Vision & Focus on Results
Understand the current business context and clearly define and articulate the intended future direction for the company and department. Set challenging, realistic, outcome driven goals that reflect an exciting vision for how the Company will innovate or compete in an evolving marketplace.
Manage Change & Take Action
Challenge the current state and make a compelling case for change and drive continuous improvement to achieve future objectives. Operate with flexibility and urgency and embrace good ideas from any source. Make decisions that align with the Company’s priorities and values.
Build Relationships & Collaborate
Build high-performance teams and coalitions that are focused on addressing the needs of the business. Form and sustain valuable internal and external business relationships and networks. Collaborate productively and with integrity to achieve and deliver results
Give Feedback & Be Accountable
Provide constructive performance-shaping feedback to individuals and groups regarding the quality and effectiveness of work. Improve performance and output by assessing patterns of success and failure. Look for opportunities to coach others and make others successful. Take personal responsibility and honor commitments.
The candidate must be comfortable with continuous change and demonstrate commitment by abiding to OFI’s Corporate Values:
OppenheimerFunds - 19 months ago