- Linux Certified System Administrator (experience in both Redhat and OEL)
- Responsible for setup, configuration, and troubleshooting of complex Linux environments (e.g., clustering, high availability, load balancing, etc.).
- Function as point of contact for production UNIX related issues.
- Participate in the support and implementation of UNIX/Linux based applications and middleware products.
- Ensure proper configuration and security on all server environments.
- Conduct ongoing monitoring and maintenance to ensure stability and optimal performance on all server environments.
- Responsible for keeping management up to date on any outstanding production related issues.
- Participate in On Call rotation and provide after hours support as needed.
- Perform other production support activities as required including but not limited to:
- Hardware and infrastructure
- Third party application support
- In-depth UNIX background (Redhat Linux 5.x and OEL 5.x)
- High Availability, Load Balancing, and Disaster Recovery
- Shell Scripting
- Troubleshooting complex issues
- Ability to install and manage multiple application environments
- In-depth knowledge of HP hardware
- In-depth networking background
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good project management and vendor negotiation skills
- Ability to assimilate new technologies and manage change
- Ability to work with developers and end users in a professional manner to resolve business critical problems in a high stress environment.
Back to Search Results
- 4 year degree
- 5+ years IT experience with at least 2 years in a large Data Center environment consisting of 250+ servers
- Other equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Verizon - 2 years ago
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and...