The Corporate Field Representative is directly responsible for the merchandising, maintenance; display, general housekeeping, and customer relations, for his/her assigned locations. The Corporate Field Representative will also be responsible for effective communication with garden center staff and Dan & Jerry's Greenhouses Inc management.
This position reports to the Sales and Marketing Manager.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Unload racks of plant material and merchandise plant material following the predetermined Merchandise Presentation Plan
- Create displays of plant material on benches or racks, by size, plant type, color and sun/shade requirements
- Maintenance of plant material, watering using proper watering techniques and watering systems, pruning, grooming(removal of spent flowers, broken stems and yellow leaves), fertilizing of plant material
- Ordering, working with Dan & Jerry's Greenhouses Inc sales representatives to make sure location is well stocked with all varieties of plants
- Assist garden center staff with the installation of Dan & Jerry's Greenhouses Inc point of purchase material and garden center signage.
- Proper plant rotation and inventory flow
- Taking inventories of plants as requested by management
- Maintain a clean and safe shopping environment
- Assist customers with questions about plants and their live goods purchasing decisions
- All team members must be polite and trustworthy, at all times with garden center customers and associates
- Ability to be able to communicate effectively with Dan & Jerry's Greenhouses Inc management via e-mail, internet and phone, ability to be able to communicate with garden center staff
- Assist with set up of garden center location and end of season removal and inventory
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to be self motivated and work independently in a fast paced outdoor work environment
- Ability to be able to travel to multiple locations, some overnight travel may be required
- Individuals should have a neat appearance and be polite & trustworthy
- Be organized and detail oriented
- Garden center experience or horticulture background
- Merchandising experience
- Good communication skills
- Internet/email experience
- High school graduate
- Be available from April to mid July
- Be able to work 48 to 60 hours per week including weekends and holidays
- To be able to attend training sessions in Monticello MN that will be provided
- Be prepared to work a flexible schedule to meet the changing needs of the business
- Poses a valid drivers license
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regularly stand, walk, talk, or hear, reach with hands and arms, and use hands to handle or move objects, tools or controls. Frequently climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally work near moving mechanical parts.
Indeed - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard