The mission of the United States Air Force is to
in air, space and cyberspace.
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values --
integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
Military service member's "Statement of Service" will be accepted up to 120 days prior to separation date IF a terminal leave form or DD214 cannot be provided.
The "Statement of Service" must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin, your rank, dates of active duty service, the Type of Discharge and Character of Service (i.e. honorable).
WHO MAY APPLY:
for more information.
You MUST have one or more identified eligibilities in order to be considered.
**Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list**
Employment of People with Disabilities -
Schedule A, click
for additional information
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Travel and relocation expenses may be paid
Back to top
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a professional computer engineer, providing expertise to support the software development efforts in the SCPD division.
Provides computer engineer support for the 623
Serves as an expert on software development and engineering.
Performs technical software engineering duties.
Attends meetings, conferences, briefings, and seminars relevant to the organizational goals and objectives.
Back to top
At least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade (GS-11) or equivalent.
Specialized experience must include b
road professional knowledge of the skill in applying a broad range of IT principles, methods, advancements, policies, systems concepts and analysis, design, development, testing and applications, both hardware and software in order to serve as a computer engineering authority for the 623
AOC; in-depth knowledge of wide range of engineering methods, advancements, systems concept, analysis, design, development and testing or applications of software
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
Click on the following link to view occupational requirements for this position:
(TIG) Requirement for General Schedule (GS) Positions:
Applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the GS-11 or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral.
The purpose of TIG restrictions is to prevent excessively rapid promotions in competitive service GS positions and to protect competitive principles.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of Agile software Development methodologies such as Extreme Programming, and more traditional methodologies such as the Capability Maturity model (CMM)
2. Professional skill and ability to negotiate complex issues, and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, complex engineering issues, reports, and briefings.
3. Knowledge of the fundamentals and principles of software engineering gained through formal educations and experience; computer hardware, systems software, and Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA), Component Architecture (CA), Event-Driven Architecture (EDA); and knowledge of diversified software engineering concepts with the ability to apply such knowledge appropriately in order to overcome complex issues under adverse conditions (e.g., time constraints, extended hours, etc.).
4. Ability through self-study to keep abreast of software engineering knowledge and advance technology concepts (e.g., AJAX, JSON, COMET, etc,), and to utilize such knowledge in the solutions of complex software issues.
5. Ability to recognize and analyze problems, research alternative courses of action, summarize results, and provide appropriate recommendations and solutions.
6. Ability to establish and maintain relationships with key individuals/groups both inside and outside immediate work unit and serve as spokesperson for the organizations using a high degree of tact and diplomacy.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work.
You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY?
provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional
education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
1. This position is designated critical-sensitive and incumbent must be able to acquire and retain a Top secret (TS) clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) in order to fully perform the duties and responsibilities of the position. A nondisclosure agreement must be signed.
2. Work may occasionally require travel away from the normal duty stations on military or commercial aircraft.
3. Employee may be required to work overtime.
4. Employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, which may include evening, weekends and/or holidays
Your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
To determine if you are qualified for this position, your resume will be reviewed and compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire.
Applicants, who disqualify themselves, will not be evaluated further.
Back to top
Benefits of Working for the Federal Government -
for an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees.
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service.
For additional information, click
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP):
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click
To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 8
or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants)
: Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click
for more information.
: Recruitment and/or retention incentives may or may not be used.
Current Federal Civilian employees
may apply for temporary and term positions and if selected, a break in service of more than three (3) calendar days may be required prior to appointment to the position.
Temporary and Term Appointments:
If you are selected for a temporary or term position, your appointment may be extended to the maximum period allowed by law without further competition.
This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
HOW TO APPLY:
Back to top
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Résumé
2. A complete Occupational Questionnaire
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below)
The complete Application Package
be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Wednesday, February 27, 2013
To begin the process, click the
button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the
Submit My Answers
button at the end of the process.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, click
for the required cover page.
This Vacancy ID is 845684. Fax your documents to
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the questionnaire
View Occupational Questionnaire
2. OPM Form 1203-FX must be provided to show your responses to the occupational questionnaire.
The numbering sequence on the OPM Form 1203-FX will not match the Occupational Questionnaire.
Section 25 of the Occupational Questionnaire restarts with number one, so when entering your responses please continue regardless of number sequence.
This issue has been identified and will be resolved as soon as possible. Applicants are responsible for ensuring their responses are transferred accurately.
for the OPM Form 1203-FX., and
3. Fax all required documents to
. Your OPM Form 1203-FX will be the cover page for your fax transmission.
It is the applicants responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume) is received, accurate and submitted by the closing date.
You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully by clicking
Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Faxed documents take 2-3 business days to process.
modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
The following documents are required and must be provided by the closing date of the announcement.
- If you submit a resume with inappropriate material e.g. photos, you will not be considered for this vacancy. Your resume may be submitted in any format. For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). Resumes that do not contain this information will be marked as insufficient and applicants may not receive consideration for this position.
If selected, you will be required to submit the following documents to substantiate your eligibility and/or qualifications. A list of required documents for all eligibilities may be located
SF50, DD214, Proof of Disability, Certification of Job Readiness, etc.
if qualifying based on education or positive education series
If you are faxing any documents, click
for the official cover sheet to print.
The fax number is 478-757-3144
Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number and last four digits of your social security number.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
Air Force Personnel Center
212 Lucasik Avenue
HURLBURT FIELD AFB,
Department of the Air Force - 16 months ago
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force...