Job Order: J0513-0408 - Permanent Full Time
Title: Technical Architect
Category: Information Technology
City: Lansing, Michigan, United States
Job Description: Technical Architect Consultant will be responsible for overall Technical Architecture and infrastructure design, planning, and delivery for deployment of a web-based COTS product, in a CGI hosted environment, which will securely interface with systems that reside in the client's datacenter. Responsibilities include:
- Develops the overall system technical architecture and verifies compliance to same during the project life cycle.
- Designs the required interfaces to appropriately support system performance, transaction volumes, and requisite security measures as per the applicable federal and State standards.
- Assesses technology solutions and conducts proof of concepts.
- Manages a team of architects responsible for developing framework components.
- Supports the development team in the implementation of their components.
- Oversight of the development team for adherence to project frameworks and standards.
- Collaborates with the business analysis teams to develop the requirement, systems design, database design, and interface control documents.
- Assists with the design and creation of performance test plans and manages the technical testing team.
Seven to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum three year's experience with developing and deploying Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and web service development.
Hands-on experience in Core Java/JEE skills like JSP, Servlets, JDBC, Spring, Hibernate XML & Web services .
Hands-on experience with any of these application servers (Weblogic, Websphere or Jboss)
3 + years of hands on Java/JEE experience
3 to 5 years in technical solution design and development leadership roles.
Designed & implemented at-least 2 large enterprise web applications.
Demonstrated hands on ability in architecture, design and development of scalable, complex Java / JEE software applications
Demonstrated Experience on evaluating products/tools for specific requirements for integration with existing system.
Should have experience on conducting trainings/sessions for teams on Upcoming Technologies and application of the same.
Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting Issues on Applications with quick and long term solutions.
Demonstrated abilities using Profiling tools and guide teams through effective Application Performance for both
Demonstrated capabilities of designing and building tools and reusable frameworks to ensure minimal development time and modularization
Hardware/Software Packages :
Oracle Policy Automation (OPA); Jboss; Java/JEE
At CGI, we're a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 71,000 professionals located in more than 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
- Technical Architecture
- SOA/Enterprise Service Bus
About CGI Group
CGI doesn't generate make-believe worlds, but rather real-life worldwide IT services. The company is the leading...