Are you interested in solving the dynamic next generation security threats? Are you passionate about working on big data technologies?
Cisco Security and Cloud Operations Team seeks an exceptional QA Automation engineer to define, design and build the Cisco next generation cloud security solution. One of the key goals for this position is to automate the testing of a scalable, high performing distributed system that will be used to process large amounts of data. This position also involves working with a team that will store, analyze and format big data (millions of transactions a day).
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fun and versatile team working on new and exciting challenges in the next generation threat landscape. Qualified candidates will possess broad interest and knowledge in various disciplines including experience in QA automation, databases, large data sets and performance & scalability testing of distributed systems.
- Contribute in building a flexible and scalable automation solution for cloud security
- Work on performance & scalability testing
- Work in a dynamic and small environment with opportunities to collaborate with other Cisco teams, including Product Management, Development and Operations
- Collaborate on the deployments of our backend systems
- Develop expertise in our product solutions, and use that expertise and your experience to help design and qualify the solution as a whole
- Create test plans and test cases for assigned components. Execute test cases and perform bug tracking and management
- Work closely with the team to replicate customer environments
- Identify and communicate risks about our releases. Look beyond your specific area of responsibility and ensure our products deliver value to our customers
- Be able to own and make quality decisions for the solution
- A track record showing that you are a highly motivated individual, capable of coming up with creative, innovative and working solutions in a collaborative environment
- Proven track record in testing and deploying distributed systems
- Experience with continuous Integration and expertise in building and maintaining test beds, test environments and automated data driven test suites
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development framework
- Experience with deployment automation, automated post-deployment qualifications design and implementation and experience with evaluating monitoring tools
- Strong knowledge of QA methodologies
- Strong scripting skills (Python/Perl/Shell)
- Strong Unix/LINUX (Ubuntu/Red Hat/Cent OS) & database skills (SQL)
- Self-Motivated and a good team player
- 5+ years of related experience in software quality (preferably in internet security)
- At least a BS/BA in a highly technical field (CS/CE ideal). MS preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Hadoop and associated applications (HDFS/MR/Hive) is preferred
- Experience developing unit test cases using Java, Scala & Python
- Experience with VMware (hypervisor), ESXi, vSphere is a plus
- Experience testing software at API level
- Network architecture for distributed systems
Cisco Systems - 16 months ago
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...