Quality of User Experience Engineer
Job Description - Quality of User Experience Engineer
This position offers the opportunity to contribute to Intel's Job 1 - Ultrabooks. The Quality of User Experience Engineer will contribute to the Ultrabook product definition by generating User Experience Quality criteria from a variety of sources. He or she will drive partner groups to execute End User Studies targeted at determining the critical user aspects of the candidate capabilities. The candidate will also collect data from other sources such as industry studies, OEM feedback, and test data to set the Quality criteria for the platform capability he or she is specializing in. The candidate will perform Human Factors Quality Analysis on the architecture and implementation in order to provide feedback to the capability team to insure the development is on track to meet the User Quality criteria. The candidate will be responsible for setting the quality requirements that will be used in the Ultrabook specification that the branded system must certify to. He or she will work with the capability team to insure that scalable test procedures and infrastructure can be deployed in the field for OEM system certification. The candidate will monitor the risks to meeting the user quality and respond to issues that jeopardize the targeted Quality of User Experience.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- 7+ years of contemporary PC architecture and design experience with an emphasis on mobile devices such as notebooks and tablets.
- 5+ years of common quality analysis methodology and/or human factors engineering.
- 2+ years of PC Audio sub-systems experience.
- 3+ years of speech recognition and video conferencing experience.
- 5+ years of experience with both the hardware and software elements of an audio implementation. Hardware elements are microphones, porting, gasketing, and codecs. Software elements are BIOS, Drivers, Echo cancelation algorithms, beam forming, and signal processing.
Feb 6, 2013
Apr 30, 2013
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
A lot of companies like to talk about changing the world. But while others are making claims, Intel’s been making history—for...