Provides social work services including asessment, care planning, and case coordination to patients and their families. Provides consultation to staff and other health care providers. Initiates social work plan of care. Serves as liaison between Kaiser Permanente and community to integrate services, coordinate care for clients, and enhance relationships through public relations activities.
• Provides information, resource identification and referral services, mediation services, advocacy services, and education of individuals, groups, couples, and families.
• Prepares and evaluates assessments, development and implementation of social work service plans.
• Performs case management, coordination, casework intervention, and monitoring of social work service plans in areas of personal, social, or economic resources, conditions, or problems.
• Assists with administration, development, implementation, and evaluation of social work programs and policies.
• Conducts social work consultation and resource development.
• Conducts research through formal design/methodology of data collection and analysis/evaluation of data, social work programs, social systems, and social policies.
• Provides psychosocial assessment, diagnostic impressions, treatment of individuals/couples/families/groups, prevention of psychosocial dysfunction/disability/impairment including emotional/mental/behavioral disorders, and evaluation of practice effectiveness.
• Applies knowledge base, theoretical concepts, specific functional skills, and essential social values used to effect change in human behavior, emotional responses, and social conditions.
• Helps enhance or restore personal and social functioning.
• Documents according to departmental standards, Federal and State regulations.
• Assures medical record documentation.
• Coordinates services and assures patient's placement in an appropriate setting.
• Participates in orientation of new personnel.
• Plans for and participates in development activities to keep abreast of current trends in medical social work.
• Participates in departmental functions such as staff meetings, staff in-services, and committees, as assigned.
• Participates in performance improvement.
• Implements Quality Improvement processes.
• Assists with development and implementation of department's annual work-plan.
• Performs clinical record audits.
• Maintains educational record and provides evidence of competency.
• Master's degree in social work.
• Valid Hawaii Social Worker license (LSW) and/or Clinical Social Worker license (LCSW) (must meet education requirement(s) for Hawaii State licensure).
• Current BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer certification.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in oral communication, written communication, problem solving/assessment, teamwork, team building/team leader, group process facilitation, statistical data analysis, documentation accuracy, customer service, interpersonal relations, creativity/innovation, adaptability, decision making, and conflict resolution.
• One (1) year of social work experience.
• Health care experience working with medical diagnoses.
• Demonstrated ability in networking with community agencies.
Kaiser Permanente - 12 months ago
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...