SUMMARY: Manages the Manufacturing Quality and Sensory Groups across the plant. Responsible for assuring product conformance to specifications, plant and process conformance to certification requirements and general support of established weekly production schedules from a Quality support standpoint. Responsible to work with all functions to achieve defined business goals.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position supervises members of the Plant Quality and Sensory teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Manages the collection, analysis and reporting of performance and product conformance quality data to inform production department managers on status and priorities of quality issues.
· Manages Plant Quality personnel (QC specialists, auditors and engineers) to help direct prioritization and focus on data analysis and reporting, and process improvements.
· Responsible for supporting new product, new materials, and new supplier qualifications, working with R&D, Purchasing, and Multi Site Quality.
· Supported by the supply chain, leads the effort to develop a common Quality Management System to achieve planned results and continual process improvement.
· Drives improvements to positively impact the achievement of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), Manage Dashboards, and Scorecards relative to quality, cost and on-time delivery.
· Responsible for managing certifications, including the completion of process documentation, product specifications, process auditing, and reporting systems that clearly track the status of our product conformance.
· Provides daily dispositions and resolutions to production quality issues.
· Develops tools to acquire, trend and analyze quality data in the course of product production.
OTHER NECESSARY FUNCTIONS:
· Resolves any quality issues with third party auditors with direct communication.
· Ensures all Quality reports are collected regularly, reported monthly to Corporate Quality and Continuous Improvement.
· Follows all policies, ergonomic standards and safety requirements directed by GMCR and the department.
· Performs other duties as requested by management.
· Four-year college degree in quality control/manufacturing or food technology with 5-7 years of quality experience applying a comprehensive, hands-on knowledge of statistical process control, design of experiments, TQM, Six Sigma etc. Experience introducing new products, materials, and processes required. Prior quality management experience required.
· Demonstrated management and training experience of quality specialists, quality auditors and process documentation development
· Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications
· Experience with HACCP, ISO 9000-22000, SQF, or equivalent Food Safety standard
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills across a broad variety of departments
Required competencies and aptitudes:
· Ability to positively and comfortably handle and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with self-motivation and focused attention to detail.
· Organizational and customer service skills essential.
· Must be comfortable developing and conducting group presentations.
· Strong analytical skills and the ability to propose solutions to problems.
· Must be able to travel occasionally, work in a team environment, and occasionally work a flexible schedule.
· Ability to get along with others, be punctual, and follow instructions.
· Ability to follow GMCR policies and procedures.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
· Predominately sedentary light work office position with high frequency of keyboarding/computer work required (67% - 100% of the workday). Requires ability to travel occasionally.
GMCR reserves the right to determine the suitability of an applicant for a position based on an evaluation of all available information, including but not limited to past work performance, applications, resumes and references. GMCR is an E-Verify employer and EOE.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters
- 2 years ago - save job